2NL - QQ UTG vs BB 4B Pre?

KaldarionKaldarion Red Chipper Posts: 16
edited September 2014 in Online Poker Hands
Hi Red Chip members

I don't know if 4B is to advanced for 2NL but I'll just throw the question out here anyways.

This hand happened to me earlier tonight. I guess this is all about formulating a plan preflop before these sort of situations arise.

Pacific $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2570698
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $1.77 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 14
SB: $0.28 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 6, 3B: 3, AF: 3,0, Hands: 100
BB: $7.00 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 43, 3B: 67, AF: 9,0, Hands: 7
Hero (UTG): $3.65 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 8, AF: 4,7, Hands: 623
MP: $2.10 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 97
CO: $3.50 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 38

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with Qheart.gif Qspade.gif
Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.06

Should I have gone for the 4B or was my flat ok? I basicly have no reads on the guy but 7hands with 100VPIP should = Fish, however fish love to play any :A? so...

Flop: ($0.29) 3heart.gif Aheart.gif Jspade.gif(2 players)
BB bets $0.29, Hero folds

I'm guess folding here so weak-tight that you guys are probably throwing up. I could possibly call this pot sized bet and see if he would fire another pot bet on the turn and folded there, but then again why call the flop?! Or as I said earlier just tried to get it in PF and hope that he'd show up with AK or a worse PP.

Kaldarion

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    1. The call PF was fine. Only 14 hands, but he's shaping up to be a passive-fish, and when passive players 3bet, hands like QQ don't look so great. He gave you a great price...I say just call it.

2. Not weak-tight at all. Again, passive player who wants to get aggressive and build a pot makes me think my QQ isn't best. Looks like a find fold given the information at hand.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • KaldarionKaldarion Red Chipper Posts: 16
    Hi Split and thanks for the reply

However I think you may have misread my opponent, he's in the BB not UTG and shaping more up to be an aggro fish rather then passive fish. BB: $7.00 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 43, 3B: 67, AF: 9,0, Hands: 7

So it's possible that he's holding ATC but I guess that he's holding an Ace he probably thinks he's holding the nuts! But alas if he does have the ace I'm stil beat.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah so usually I would say to flat in POS as you did if it's a standard player and then your play in this spot would be fine post given the A and J on board.

However, looking at his stats, I think you should heavily consider 4betting pre-flop. I would 4bet to a size which makes it look as if you can still fold to a 5bet, inducing more mistakes pre-flop.

If he 5bets we call. If he calls the 4bet that's fine with us also.

:-)
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Ehh only 7 hands that's nothing .. Sorry.. I mean still if in that small time frame it looks like he is monkey crazy then i like my suggestion, if not I think you played it OK.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    Kaldarion wrote:
    Hi Split and thanks for the reply

However I think you may have misread my opponent, he's in the BB not UTG and shaping more up to be an aggro fish rather then passive fish. BB: $7.00 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 43, 3B: 67, AF: 9,0, Hands: 7

So it's possible that he's holding ATC but I guess that he's holding an Ace he probably thinks he's holding the nuts! But alas if he does have the ace I'm stil beat.

Yup, my bad. I looked at the BTN's stats by mistake.

As played, 4bet and get it in with a smile on your face.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file