CORE just got a whole lot bigger

TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,257 -
edited November 2020 in CORE
Hey everyone:

Very excited to announce that our new CORE RANGES multi-module is now live and accessible to all CORE and PRO subscribers.

You may have noticed through emails and the podcast that Red Chip has undertaken a major investment in GTO solver work. The underlying philosophy is simple and reflects our commitment to community-based learning. While any one of you could in principle invest the hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars in obtaining state-of-the-art preflop Monker solutions, we put together a research team and ponied up the cash so that we could share the results with our subscribers. Our central goal was to take the dizzying complexity of these solutions and put together a complete preflop strategy that is simple to use and based on rigorous GTO theory. You can now access the results of that process through your CORE dashboard.

Many of you who saw our recently-released "Bulletproof Ranges" and asked us "aren't these really tight?" or "what hands do I 3-bet?" Yes, those ranges are right. They were designed to keep inexperienced players out of trouble. As you gain experience, the new ranges allow you to add in more hands, ultimately to the point you can play an essentially perfect preflop strategy. Plus we've covered 3-betting, 4-betting, as well as isolation raises and blind play.

It's all there folks. And putting on my hat as a CORE user, it's pretty amazing.

As always, we welcome your feedback and questions. Like any new drop of this scale, it's possible there may be a few teething problems, so please don't hesitate to let me know if you come across a glitch.

Thanks ~ Kat

ps: Some of the presentation of this material will be polished and generally upgraded in the days ahead. We got it out fast because we thought you'd like to see the ranges, but we've dropped a lot of material at once, and we only have one managing editor.
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• ROI RUINERROI RUINER Red Chipper Posts: 221 ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I'm definitely not a beginner anymore and in 2020 moved in to the realm of winning players but rejoined after reading about the Core expansion online and the 3 month PRO Black Friday special was too good to pass up. I like to pretend I am a beginner and focus on the fundamentals every so often.

Seems pretty well formatted. Going through it now. Good job with the explanation of the reasoning behind it.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,257 -
    Thanks, I do have some ideas to expand the text to improve the presentation, but the ranges themselves are the heart of it and pretty clear I think.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • StraightAhead_75StraightAhead_75 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I just get a blank screen, only the intro video of james works...
    I just get a blank screen, only the intro video of james works...

Which URL gives a blank screen, plz? You may have hit it during an upgrade.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CoffeeAt3AMCoffeeAt3AM Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Despite the negativity in my last post, I do find myself playing and studying the game again. I'm taking a lot of the study habits and lessons in patience/discipline that I've been developing in Chess lately and applying them here. I have to say: Core 2.0 is beautiful, fun, and strikes a great balance between simpler and then more advanced concepts. I'm enjoying it immensely.

In some online cash games (like Global) your live ranges are actually more helpful than even the suggested online ones. In any event, I like your ranges as a great baseline and foundation. They're colorful and easy to take a mental image of, as well.

• GhostEagleGhostEagle Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
    In the games I play there is much more passive play preflop then I've ever seen before. If someone limps in before us is it a good idea to still raise with the Core First In ranges presented here. I've only gotten through the 1st level so it may be discussed later in Core 2. Just Asking...lol
    GhostEagle wrote: »
    In the games I play there is much more passive play preflop then I've ever seen before. If someone limps in before us is it a good idea to still raise with the Core First In ranges presented here. I've only gotten through the 1st level so it may be discussed later in Core 2. Just Asking...lol

They provide a reasonable range for isolating limpers. In detail this gets really complicated in the sense the position of the limper and us, the number of limpers, and so on, impact precise ranges. At that level of complexity, the material appears in PRO. However, later in CORE we do address general isolation principles.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • GhostEagleGhostEagle Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file