MP+1: $103.49
Hero (CO): $194.03
BTN: $119.36
SB: $99.00
BB: $100.00
UTG: $100.00

SB posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has J:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, MP calls $1.00, fold, Hero raises to $3.50, fold, fold, BB calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50

Flop: ($11.00, 3 players) 3:spade: J:club: 7:heart:
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $7.00, fold, MP calls $7.00

Turn: ($25.00, 2 players) 4:heart:
MP checks, Hero bets $12.00, MP raises to $59.12, fold

MP wins $45.78

Comments

• tjsnook28tjsnook28 Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I only have 12 hands w/villain at this point. But they have limped 8 of 12 hands with no raising whatsoever.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,280 -
    Can't imagine doing anything other than folding, particularly against an opponent who has opened limped 8/12.
    Moderation In Moderation
    I figured it was the correct fold but they showed :AD::QD: which caused a session ending tilt. I appreciate the feedback.
    The other team gets to play too. Population analysis indicates that line is usually 2-pair plus.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    If you fold this hand, you're probably overfolding. Which is fine ONLY if you've info on Villain never or too rarely bluffing. Yet you don't give any info on V, so we can't assume that's the case.

If we have to call sometimes (make research to see how often), with which hands? Because not all hands are the same - some are better calls than others.
    Here, JX hands are better hands to call with than QQ+ to call as you block top set.
    Also you unlock all :HEART: combos (which would be block with QhQs for ex). KJ also unlock any gutshot V (T9, T8 and 98) would blast with, esp. if gutshot+turned FD. (Also, V could have some strange turned bottom OESD or gutshots - with or without FD - to bluff with too)

Bottom line: KdJd is probably a call pretty often.
    I suppose my follow up question would be how often are they taking this line with a set?
    tjsnook28 wrote: »
    I suppose my follow up question would be how often are they taking this line with a set?

Given the board texture, I'm guessing this line includes sets, flush draws with the Jh, and 54s. As Red notes, combo draws are also possible. However, it's quite difficult to range an opponent who, even with limited data, appears to play preflop so badly.

The reason I am keener on a fold than Red I suspect reflects different assumptions about how a chronic limper plays postflop. These characters tend to be, "see lots of flops, make a hand, bet it", and play passively until they have a made hand. But this is only an assumption.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RyanBucklandcMRyanBucklandcM Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    okay wow thanks for the share
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I would have taken the same line but with different bet sizes.
  • GhostEagleGhostEagle Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Thanks for sharing...very informative. I would have made note of the bluff and over card calling and watched to see if it happened again or was just isolated incident to get a line on either a tell your giving off or a tell he is giving off. JMHT I would have folded also..lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file