NL2: some hands i'd like to discuss

PannePanne Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
Hello all.
My name is Michael and I want to improve, like all of us.
I am pretty new to this forum, but was playing on and off since about 2013. Now i want to improve, for real.
So yeah, I have some hands I'd like to discuss with you. I hope you can give me tips and critics, and I hope other microstakes player can learn from them, too.

This will be a long post. I saved some of my interesting hands from GGPoker, only now i have found the time to manually convert them into hand replayers.

Thank you for every feedback!!!

#1: 3-handed BB defend

pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10264343

In this hand we played 3-handed. BU was very often raising preflop. I 3-bet to defend my BB and to get the pot big, if getting called.
Flop is where the chaos begins. I know I could be beat. QT combos, AK, Trips. I know i block AK AQ AJ.
Given that the BU was pretty agressive i thought his range might be very wide and he bluffs. On the other hand i can be pretty much crushed by AK or QT, so how do i ever decide if this is the right move?

#2: AJo vs SB 3-bet

pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10264344

With this hand I am confused. SB 3-bets to 4x my raise.
I miss the flop, he c-bets, i think either a big pair or AK/AQs, given his preflop sizing. But he is also OOP and maybe just wanted everybody to fold? Is this ever a fold pre(don't think so)?

#3: Big river bluff

pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10264345

Pretty straightforward, JTs preflop raise, catch a gutshot and a backdoor flushdraw so I am confident in firing a c-bet IP.
Turn is nice, one more gutshot and the flushdraw comes, easy c-bet. River bricks. I realise I don't have any showdown value, so I fire again, letting him fold some middle pairs or busted draws. Was this line any good without info about opponent?

#4:Bluffcatcher

http://pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10264346

Yes, I won this hand. But I'm sure I made mistakes. Pre-flop i could have squeezed, but I still have to study when, how and why to squeeze.
Flop I think the call is fine. I thought about a check-raise but do i really want to blow the pot OOP, or get to a showdown with my top-pair?
Turn I check, he checks. I don't think any Kx combos would check here, so I can narrow his range down....
River Jd. Flush complete. He can easily have any Axd in his hand, maybe Qxd. But i figured he would fire the turn with a flushdraw, so I call and get the pot. What do you think?

#5: Playing vs Donkbet

pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10264347

With this hand I am just utterly confused.
Given his limp and donkbet i assume he is not that good, but how do I play this?
He could easily have Qx, Ax, 3x, maybe air. I don't have any information about his previous plays.

What would you do here? fold earlier? go to showdown with weak AT only to run into Qx?

THANK YOU ALL for reading this. I have many more hands but for now I'm really happy about ANY feedback. Even from other NL2 players!

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experience suggests long posts or with multiple hand history simply don't get responses. It's difficult to both read them and give feedback in a compact way. You better focus on one situation.

Also, share your through process and off-table analysis. Just a hand history is boring ; discussing your conclusion is interesting.
  • PannePanne Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    Experience suggests long posts or with multiple hand history simply don't get responses. It's difficult to both read them and give feedback in a compact way. You better focus on one situation.

Also, share your through process and off-table analysis. Just a hand history is boring ; discussing your conclusion is interesting.

Thank you i will keep this in mind when posting again!
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,280 -
    The other issue is that the Adobe Flash player used in that replayer is basically defunct as of Dec 31st 2020.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • PannePanne Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    The other issue is that the Adobe Flash player used in that replayer is basically defunct as of Dec 31st 2020.

Oops. Yes i see, i need another way of posting my hands. Somewhat difficult because i have to do it manually because i play on GGPoker
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,280 -
    Panne wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Oops. Yes i see, i need another way of posting my hands. Somewhat difficult because i have to do it manually because i play on GGPoker

Unfortunately I don't have access to GGPoker so can't advise on how best to present HHs.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file