BTN: 100 BB
SB: 101.8 BB
BB: 107.6 BB
UTG: 846.4 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 112.1 BB

6 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.1 BB) Hero has Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

i think thats fine at least compare to the GTO chart

Flop: (22.1 BB, 2 players) T:diamond: T:heart: 6:spade:
Hero checks, CO bets 7.4 BB, Hero raises to 16.5 BB, CO calls 9.1 BB

i see it a lot of times that people fold against a mini c/r on the flop quite often, i think even QQ+ could fold here, what he could have i guess?

Turn: (55.1 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
Hero bets 27 BB, CO calls 27 BB

the turn i often lost when the c/got called... i more and more try to barrel there again, here i picked up a bit of equity and that he has a ten is unlikly isnt it?

River: (109.1 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
Hero bets 46.4 BB and is all-in, CO calls 46.4 BB

firing the 3 barrel since i have the nut flush, but im not sure if thats really good or really bad? Does he calls me with worse hands? i would say yes but really dont know

Again no HUD and since it is zoom pretty unknown villian.

Comments

• Chris_VChris_V BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭

i see it a lot of times that people fold against a mini c/r on the flop quite often, i think even QQ+ could fold here, what he could have i guess?

Turn: (55.1 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
    Hero bets 27 BB, CO calls 27 BB

the turn i often lost when the c/got called... i more and more try to barrel there again, here i picked up a bit of equity and that he has a ten is unlikly isnt it?

Seems like if you have pegged this villain to fold all but their best hands because of your flop check-raise you should never bet the turn once called. Your exploit was making villain overfold the flop, once they call their range solid as a Rock!
  • SterlingarcherSterlingarcher Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    On this flop I would probably c/c with a back door flush draw and two overs on a paired board.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I think part of the challenge is that with a flop raise you end up playing for stacks with a hand that has good but not great equity. If you give v a 3 betting range of 1010+ AJs+ and AQo+ you have some equity against those hands but not great. When you raise the flop you force v's best hands to continue and you greatly reduce your equity and you make future streets harder to navigate. By simply calling you allow your hand to realize it's equity. Then on the turn you have more options because you gained equity.
  • augurefauguref ItalyRed Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I agree that you don't need to turn into a bluff a hand like AhQh, which has decent equity against villain's cbetting range even if we assume his 3betting range from CO is way tight: even if he 3bets only TT+, AJs+ and AQo+ (which is 5% of his range, pretty tight), we still have 30% equity, more than enough to call a 1/3 pot size cbet even when we are out of position.
    On the other hand, as other players have already said, when you raise villain can easily fold all the hands that you're beating, and his continuing range is crushing you (by the way, I'd definitely include in this range QQ+, unless you have a read that he's overfolding against c/r in similar spots).
    I think you may also need to take a look at your bet sizings, especially on the turn, because on the river you found yourself in an awkward spot with a 40% pot size bet left in your stack, which can be very problematic in many situations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file