interesting hand

AngrypigAngrypig Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
Hi everyone, happy holiday...
i have played this hand and found it interesting.
any constructive feedback is more than welcome.
Thank you and good luck at the tables.

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Your analysis is biased because you give Villain a very strange 3bet range (for ex, no QQ or JJ?).
    Furthermore you give Villain a polarized 3bet range ; but he could also 3bet linear - which will impact the rest of the hand.

Same bias about your cold 4bet range: way too unbalanced (too many bluff combos) and badly construct (too many useless/bad AXs, not enough blocker combos, not enough board coverage).

Finally you should have a tighter 4bet range from OOP (Villains are more incentivized to call when IP)

Last but not least: no information on Villain?! You have no HUD stat? No hand history together? You haven't witness him playing against others? Nothing? Poker is a game of information ; if you've gathered no information on Villain, you've already lost :-)
    (Note: that may be the case during the very first hands against a brand new Villain ; but you didn't say anything here. Also even in that case we can use both our balanced / GTO strategy AND use information about the field. )
  • AngrypigAngrypig Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Thank you very much for your time and your respond I do very appreciate. 3bet range of Cutoff is not as much important coz he folds. And it might seems not to be right but whenI am In Cutoff facing opening raise at 6max where EP is good player I rather have jj and qq in calling range. It protects me when players from blind squeeze I can call.

About the reads, we've played less than 100 hands so I would not give much credit to hud. I played one hand against villain EP is mention in the analysis.
    And the last would you mind to share with me how you construct your range when facing open min raise from EP and 3bet from Cutoff when you are in Small blind? Very appreciate. Also I would be interested what is your calling range when facing raise from EP and after you call and blind squeeze how does this range react

Once again thank you so much for your respond.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Angrypig wrote: »
    3bet range of Cutoff is not as much important coz he folds.
    That's a wrong assumption. When action is to you, you play against both players. The way you expect CO to 3bet is going to change your strategy.
    Let's say CO 3bet 12.5% of the time; do you play the same against both ranges?
    • AA-77,AKo-ATo,KQo-KJo,AKs-A9s,KQs-KJs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s
    • AA-TT,AKo-AJo,KJo,QJo,Q9o,72o,AKs-AJs,A5s-A2s,KQs,J9s,T8s,86s,76s,54s
    So even if later on CO has fold, his 3bet range - at least your assumptions on his 3bet range - will impacts your strategy and play.
    About the reads, we've played less than 100 hands so I would not give much credit to hud.
    Even if HUD stat will not be so reliable (esp. for very specific spots), they will show important tendencies.
    Just look at VPIP/PFR/3bet stat: after 100 hands, you can already make a difference for example between 69/15/2 and a 22/18/11 : do these 2 players have the same 3bet range? Will they make the same mistakes? Surely not ; hence should your strategy fit these information.
    And the last would you mind to share with me how you construct your range when facing open min raise from EP and 3bet from Cutoff when you are in Small blind? Very appreciate. Also I would be interested what is your calling range when facing raise from EP and after you call and blind squeeze how does this range react
    These are question for your to develop as part of your strategy. And if you want to know more about, look for study material - like for example RCP Core and/or Pro; as well as many other good sources.🤓
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beautiful thing here is that for all your concerns and analysis, basic theory of the game is ignored by your opponent, very much to your benefit. On the river, you are offered 4:1 vs a range that includes many strong hearts and small amount of worse value/"bluffs". This range could charge a lot more - your call can never be much of an error. Many of his hands that try to use this size should in fact check. The incentive to be polar IP is strong.
    @Red
    yes i didnt express myself well, of course his range is important for my preflop strategy, for the rest of the hand not as much. that's why i have included his range.
    HUDs, this session was played with no huds. but if you have a closer look at the ranges you can get a picture what players i was facing. EP even with min raise open 55+, if you look at cutoff range you can guess if he is 3beting 4-6% or 12%
    *just double checked cutoff range i didn't exclude QQ fully, against EP QQ is in both ranges calling and 3bet

About my 4beting range when in SB facing open from EP and 3bet from cutoff is QQ+, AKs, A6s-A3s, AKo and i would say is constructed just fine, QQ+ and AK for value and A3s-A6s as a bluff when blocking an Ace which decrease the chance of opponents having AA or AK/Q also and it's 4bet squeeze so EP has to take in account that player in position showed some strenght so he should really fold everything except KK+ so when he calls cutoff should have fold everything QQ included, except KK+
    so from EP when 4beting i don't need board coverage i'm not a fan of playing OOP post flop, as bluff i need blocker, and when called i'm looking for hand when hit well to be able to draw to nuts.
    @Persuadeo thank you for your feedback. i did call.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file