thoughts on this hand please. 50NL, flopping set multi-way

rjharris9_rjharris9_ Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
im sorry this isnt in the right format but i just typed it out on splitsuit's template and cant figure out how to upload it so im just going to copy and paste from it .

.25/.50 first hand of day, no info on opponents
HJ($13.73) opens to $1.50
CO($42) calls
SB($52) calls
HERO in BB($50) calls w/ 9h 9d

flop is Qd 9s Jc
SB checks. Hero bets 3/4 pot. HJ jams $12. CO calls. Hero jams remaining $44. CO calls

turn - 6c. river - 4h
HJ has AQ, CO has 8To and flopped the straight. my initial thoughts were that i should have raised pre to either iso or steal? and my jam on the turn maybe wasnt right either? any thoughts or anything would be much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,280 -
    edited January 7
    Can you clean this up a bit, it's really hard to follow. Add pot amounts. The jam is on the turn? If so write that bit after the turn action.

This thread may help:

https://forum.redchippoker.com/discussion/11828/before-you-post-your-first-or-10th-hand-history-please-read
    Moderation In Moderation
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 170 ✭✭
    The challenge here is that your oop with a hand in the middle of your range which doesn't play well multiway with a very short stack open. Is calling horrible? No but I think there are better options. 3betting against 3 opponents looks very strong and could generate some folds which helps your hands equity realization. There's a decent chance HJ shoves but against a AJs+ 88+ AQo + range I imagine you have the equity to call.

As played, the flop shove is tough because what worse hands call? If you flat and CO shoves there really aren't any bluffs here because of the short stack. By not shoving you keep more of CO range in play.
  • rjharris9_rjharris9_ Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    awesome thanks. i didnt think about how he probably wouldnt have bluffs there because of the short stack.
  • rjharris9_rjharris9_ Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    and in response to kat (how do i tag you?) sorry this was my first one but i will clean it up next time.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,280 -
    rjharris9_ wrote: »
    and in response to kat (how do i tag you?) sorry this was my first one but i will clean it up next time.

Very good, thanks. For tagging just stick an @ in front of a username.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file