3-betting and c-betting multiway.

rjharris9_rjharris9_ Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
so i know the standard is to 3-bet 3x IP and 4x OOP generally. what about if there is a 2-bet and a call before the action gets to me? is it still 3x the open size or more? and does the c-bet sizing also increase if we are multi-way postflop? thanks

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,257 -
    rjharris9_ wrote: »
    so i know the standard is to 3-bet 3x IP and 4x OOP generally. what about if there is a 2-bet and a call before the action gets to me? is it still 3x the open size or more? and does the c-bet sizing also increase if we are multi-way postflop? thanks

Think of what is driving the sizing in the first place. If someone raises and there's a call, if you make your standard 3x 3-bet, the original raiser is now getting better calling odds. If they call, the preflop flatter is getting exceptional calling odds. So size up a bit.

Typically when multiway our c-bet sizing drops (as a fraction of the pot). There are multiple reasons for this, including the likely lower SPR and the fact that any lead into a MW pot looks strong. Thus we can potentially get away with cheaper bluffs and need to size down to get value.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file