10NL JJ called 4-Bet IP Should be a Pre-Flop fold?

Chris_VChris_V BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 85 ✭✭
Looking back on this hand the Pre-Flop sizing should inform Hero of Villain's Range?
Once the King Flops are we done?

$0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 99 BB
BB: 72 BB
UTG: 115.9 BB
MP: 108.6 BB
CO: 135.2 BB
Hero (BTN): 94.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) SB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :Jh:Js

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, CO raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, SB raises to 22 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 16 BB

Flop: (48 BB, 2 players) :Kd:8s:5d
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (48 BB, 2 players) :5S:
SB bets 15.8 BB

Comments

• HotsteppaHotsteppa Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Its so player dependent. What type of player is small blind? With a LAG you could Jam this Pre flop. With a NIT who 3 bets 3% you should fold Pre. Also some players will check top set in that spot, or he could be sitting there with AQ and took a stab on the turn. I know its not much help, but you need info in this spot to answer more. Also little thing, Use auto top up. If your a winning player, why would you not want 100 bb to start?
  • Chris_VChris_V BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited January 13
    I did some player pool analysis and it seems villains at this level are hardly 4-Betting lite. Looks mostly like AA KK and AK. I think my preflop call was incorrect, and continuing after the King flopped would be horrible cause if Villain didn’t have me beat preflop his whole range just got there.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,257 -
    Chris_V wrote: »
    I did some player pool analysis and it seems villains at this level are hardly 4-Betting lite. Looks mostly like AA KK and AK. I think my preflop call was incorrect, and continuing after the King flopped would be horrible cause if Villain didn’t have me beat preflop his whole range just got there.

I think it's also significant that it's a cold 4-bet OOP. To me that strengthens the range considerably. So, agree, on the flop you're just toast, and folding pre can't be bad.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file