Hoping to learn from this hand

TsprizzleTsprizzle Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hi all, Here's a hand I played recently online. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hold'em No Limit ($0.08/$0.16) - 2021/01/11 21:36:36 ET
6-max

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ac Kd]

Villain in HJ ($34.47 in chips): raises $0.32 to $0.48 (I had no stats/info at this point)
CO: raises $1.12 to $1.60
Hero on BTN ($31.12 in chips): calls $1.60 (I would usually 4bet here)
Villain: raises $3.36 to $4.96
CO: folds
Hero: calls $3.36 (This seemed like a high raise, but I thought I should remain in it with AKo)

*** FLOP *** [Ad Qs 2c]
Villain: checks
Hero: bets $5.61 (I think I bet too much here - maybe more like $4.00?)
Villain: calls $5.61

*** TURN *** [Ad Qs 2c] [3h]
Villain: checks
Hero: bets $10.97
Villain: raises $12.93 to $23.90 and is all-in
Hero: calls $9.58 and is all-in (I'm not sure whether my bet on the Turn or my call was the bigger mistake. I'm seeing now that my raise of $10.97 would likely only have been called by AA, QQ or maybe AK?)

*** RIVER *** [Ad Qs 2c 3h] [4s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain: shows [Qc Qd] (three of a kind, Queens)
Hero: shows [Ac Kd] (a pair of Aces)

Comments

• flexurmind83flexurmind83 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hi there Tsprizzle.

- First comment right away i would say is that" This seemed like a high raise, but I thought I should remain in it with AKo" is not a valid reason to flat AK. It seens you didnt know exactly what to do, didnt want to fold but also you knew that if you raised you coudnt be called by worse.

- Well even though you dont have specific notes on V you still can rely on Population reads, and what i read here is a 4bet over one cold caller from someone that opned in MP - this is a very strong range, something like QQ+ and AK.

- So your AK vs this range inst doing very well, and would be very dificult to extract value from QQ when you hit, but V can extract an imense value if you hit Top pair, so because of that i would opt to fold PF.

- As played PF, you cant bet for value here: the only hand in is range that is behind is KK, and if he is a decent player he might even fold. So i would like to check all the way and induce any bet or hoping to get chip to river.

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, for future HH, please add the pot size on each street. It helps a lot.

Second: Do you homework!
    You'll only improve if you break down your hand. Just posting a HH is boring af (sorry), but add your personal thought, analysis, expectation, range (H and V), etc. and it suddenly is much more interesting - and the quality of the feedback will greatly improve. Also comparing your analysis with the feedback will allow you to learn much more efficiently.

Last but not least: why are you betting? When V checks flop and you bet, do you want him to call? If yes (meaning you're value betting), what hands are you targeting? And are these really able to call?
    IMHO you'll never get called down by worst hands here - plus you block the most obvious calling hands you beat (KQ and KK). Hence you losing your stack is no cooler ; it's you hanging yourself by overplaying your hand.
  • TsprizzleTsprizzle Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Thanks very much for the feedback!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file