Kudos to Red Chip!

ChangyUKChangyUK Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
I want to thank Red Chip for helping me through a difficult period. I am unwell for the first time in years, and I basically went all-in! I won't bother with the gory details apart from saying it isn't COVID-19 but requires urgent surgery, which COVID has delayed. I have surgery next Tuesday, but I won't know if I am in hospital for a day or weeks! The surgeon says he won't know unless he gets in there for a proper look around, lol! I thought of it as running a solver and waiting for it to conclude!

I am in constant agony, so strong opiate-based pain relief is required. They are good at that function, but they are useless when it comes to studying and concentration.

Red Chip has allowed me to pause my subscription from next Tuesday. I can resume when I reach a decent level of mental capacity. I am so grateful for this gesture; I can relax, watch videos from Red Chip and James, and take my mind off my illness. On that note, I want to thank James for his supportive messages and the extra guidance he offered.

Be safe, people and as James says, "Happy Grinding."

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,204 -
    On behalf of the Red Chip team and community, I hope the surgery is a complete success and you mend quickly.

Good luck ~ Kat
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Ritter422Ritter422 Red Chipper Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Many years ago, I had extensive surgery that required a similar deep-dive into the high-end pain meds.

People like to joke "oh, at least you get the good drugs"... People who make that joke have never been on them...

They didn't even really eliminate my pain, they just reduced my interest in the pain, or anything else for that matter.

It can feel very dark.

I'm happy to report 20 years later I am pain and drug free and I have a life better than I could even imagine during that time.

Best wishes - keep the faith.

Cheers,

Ritter
  • ChangyUKChangyUK Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Ritter422 wrote: »

They didn't even really eliminate my pain, they just reduced my interest in the pain, or anything else for that matter.

It can feel very dark.

I'm happy to report 20 years later I am pain and drug free and I have a life better than I could even imagine during that time.

Best wishes - keep the faith.

Cheers,

Ritter

Thank you, my friend. The illness has come later in life, so mentally, I am better prepared. I hope Tuesday will bring an end to it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file