gramps calls 300
** Turn ** [9h]
cosmas bets 800
gramps calls 800
** River ** [Qd]
cosmas bets 433 (All-in)
gramps calls 433
** Pot Show Down ** [2s Ts 4c 9h Qd]
cosmas shows [2d 2c] (Three of a Kind, Deuces +QT)
gramps shows [Js Ks] (a Straight, Nine to King)
gramps wins Pot (3666) with a Straight

Comments

• KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
    On the turn the pot is 1200 and you have 1233 chips left. Just shove. The results are probably the same because I doubt he is folding his FD+Gutshot+Overcard in that spot. You're going broke in this spot 100% of the time, nothing you can do here.

However I do think your turn play was bad. This is a weak tell so use it at your own risk, but when someone bets an amount less than all-in when an all-in bet would be a reasonable size, there is information there.

If it happens on the flop and turn, it means they are trying to milk you over multiple streets by offering a price that's easier to call. They have a monster hand and are trying to make sure you don't fold. Just like you did here. If I was the villain in this hand I am more likely to call a shove with QT than I am a 2/3 bet where you leave a laughably small amount behind.

When they do it on the river, now it's biased more towards bluffs, as they are trying to avoid getting felted in case the bluffs fail. In summary, you are much better off just shoving your bluffs and value in short stacked spots like this.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,877 -
    Agree the sizing is a little lazy and that you're likely going broke whatever you do.

Another option is to size down flop and turn so you have a natural river shove. With small c-bets being so in vogue, you could size something like:

200/450/883
    Moderation In Moderation
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭
    On ~18bb SBvBTN 3x open I think you should jam preflop

I would have a zero CC range in the SB in this spot

as played I would never donk the flop
  • CosmasCosmas Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    All valid insight.
    I do not actually understand "zero CC range" nor the "donk the Flop" part.
    With his hand after the flop, i do agree that my only way of walking away with anything would have been to shove preflop. Going thru the CORE it seems you shouldn't call there, didn't really want to fold and 3X seemed like the right bet. After that decision, again, I should have shoved. He would have called, like everyone mentioned.
    Thank you for replying.

• KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
    I think kenaces got the action wrong, because his response reads like the BTN opened and you called in the SB.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭
    Koss wrote: »
    I think kenaces got the action wrong, because his response reads like the BTN opened and you called in the SB.

you are correct - I really should stop posting pre-coffee :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file