SPR: EV practice pg 130-136

DoglegrightDoglegright Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
hi all
I am not sure how equities for all of the questions are calculated. There is not a big difference in what I am getting vs the answer key but want to make sure I am not missing something.

For pg 130 I am getting 50% (vs 44%), pg 131 42% (vs. 46%), pg 132 44 (vs. 42%), pg 133 39% (vs 41%) pg 134 62% (vs 61%), and pg 136 19% vs 12% !?!)

I will post a screen shot from Flopzilla for pg 132

Any help appreciated
DLW

Comments

• DoglegrightDoglegright Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,204 -
    The screenshot didn't post, but usually these kinds of discrepancies occur because hole and/or board cards haven't been explicitly included.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Aha it appeared. Let me investigate.
    Moderation In Moderation
    edited May 5
    Okay I'm puzzled by your question. The screenshot you posted gives the equity as 44%, and yet you claim to be getting 50%?
    Moderation In Moderation
    thanks for looking at this....the image I posted relates to the question on pg 132 and not pg 130. I posted the image for pg 132 as I was working on it at the time but in hindsight I should have posted for 130 as it would make more sense. I will post a screen shot for pg 130 as well ie. 50 vs. 44 (see below). For pg 132, I am getting an equity of 44 but the solution is 42? Not sure how Split is getting his numbers for most of these questions.....just want to make sure I am not missing something
    here is screenshot from Flopzilla for the question on pg 130. I am getting an equity of 50%rgs2plxg37bk.png
    but the solution is 44%
    I posted the image again just in case you can't open it when embedded in text....
    Is your weighting supposed to be set at 90%?
    Moderation In Moderation
    edited May 6
    Oh wait I figured it out, I think. You've left in the 6 combos QJs KJs which are not in the shoving range. Or maybe it's the 6 non-spade combos of KQs, QJs, KJs, can't tell without having the active interface. But you have too many combos.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Hmmm. That's strange because I just copied and pasted the range that is in the solution.....but I think your explanation makes sense. I wonder if Split could comment here?
    In the notes I have from Split he points out that in these exercises not all of the preflop range is continued.
    Moderation In Moderation
    ah ok. I found a youtube video of Split working through a problem (which is very helpful) and I now understand how the postflop ranges are made. Thanks for your help!
    You're very welcome.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file