Turn: (38.2 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
UTG checks, Hero bets 18.2 BB, UTG calls 18.2 BB

River: (74.6 BB, 2 players) T:club:
UTG bets 40 BB, fold

UTG wins 71 BB

Comments

• igorzigorz Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited May 3
    It looks like a call to me, however I call too much in these circumstances and end up in trouble a lot. So perhaps not the best judge haha. I play on Ignition too and I know that most folk play way too widely at these stakes.

I reckon this was more likely a bluff by the villain with the scare club card on the river.

Pre-flop: OOP open, should be a tight range, however I'd assign ATB, A2+, 22+, 32s+. After your 3bet, I would remove all suited connectors leaving JTs+ and pocket pairs leaving 88+. Given that not many people 4bet here, I'd err on the side of leaving pocket aces and pocket kings, but that doesn't really move the needle too much on this one.

Check-call on both Turn and River could mean that the villain had something connect, which leaves A8, A6, A4, and any flush draws. Because of the blockers, you only have very few suited combos which continue - AcKc, AcQc, KcQc.

Final list of hands: KK-88, AcAs, AcAh, AdAc, A8s, A6s, A4s, AcQc+, KcTc+, QcTc+, JcTc, A8o, A6o, A4o

ecnvc3m6j9q1.png

In the end I have 47% equity for you with pot odds at 33%.

You have it in PT4, which means you know the result, I assume you downloaded the history file 24 hours after 😀 For my benefit and without spoiling it for everyone else, is the villain's hand in my river range?

PS. Having done a bit of analysis on the hands myself, I am leaning towards favouring a bigger 3bet raise - perhaps a 4x raise, so 12BB in this case. I'm going to try that out and see how it goes. This should prevent rubbish like A8o appearing on the river.
  • Ayutzy2Ayutzy2 Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I think some of the trouble is pre-flop. Depends on your read but an UTG preflop 3x BB feels like a flat call to me with JJ because even with position it’s going to feel pretty bad playing against any overcard that comes out.

I think at the 175 BB stack depth JJ loses a lot of its value except for its set value so a bit more caution probably would have been advisable. I don’t hate the flop bet with an overpair but it’s a pretty coordinated board to keep firing the turn. At that stack depth you’re just building the pot to make a more difficult decision for yourself on the river because there are so many possible scare cards.

So I think for the stack depth and action you maybe just overvalued JJ a bit which cost you money at the turn.

Kinda new to the forum so I hope this makes sense.
  • grebegrebe Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I don't mind any of the play here until the turn....but why the smallish bet on the turn? Seems to me you are pricing in clubs here pretty well. I would expect most overs (no pair) to fold to any bet, but overs with clubs are not folding to any bet, so targeting flush draws with a bigger bet would be the play I think. At least 2/3 pot. Igorz did the off table work, but I think I would advocate a bigger turn bet to charge the flush draw with 2 overs. Tough river situation for sure when the targeted hand gets there though...I think it's hard to fault a fold here.

In game, I don't know what I would do. I would love to say fold, but probably call it off.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file