Interesting spot with QQ

ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 203 ✭✭
So this hand was a little difficult to navigate because of varying stack sizes, spr and player profiles. Interested to hear any feedback on this hand. V2 I have the most experience with and they don't typically make stupid plays so his range is going to be pretty tight 88+ K10s+ AQo+. V1 could be shoving any suited A any pair or 87s for that matter but pretty wide. V3 seemed pretty loose so I'm guessing a 20% range that doesn't like to fold.

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem 0.10(BB)
CO ($21.90) [VPIP: 12.3% | PFR: 9.3% | AGG: 36.8% | Hands: 1985]
BTN ($8.66) [VPIP: 38.9% | PFR: 8.3% | AGG: 31.7% | Flop Agg: 21.1% | Turn Agg: 33.3% | River Agg: 50% | 3-Bet: 5.6% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 47.6% | Hands: 36]
SB ($10.24) [VPIP: 23.9% | PFR: 18.8% | AGG: 32% | Hands: 2162]
HERO ($20.56)
UTG ($10.83) [VPIP: 20.1% | PFR: 9.5% | AGG: 25.8% | Hands: 7181]
EP ($1.71) [VPIP: 48% | PFR: 24% | AGG: 25.5% | Hands: 51]
MP ($11.55) [VPIP: 22.8% | PFR: 15.1% | AGG: 19.3% | Flop Agg: 20% | Turn Agg: 19.4% | River Agg: 17.4% | 3-Bet: 4.7% | 4-Bet: 9.1% | Cold Call: 15.1% | Hands: 2250]
HJ ($17.86) [VPIP: 28.8% | PFR: 5.6% | AGG: 21.8% | Hands: 490]

Dealt to Hero: Q:spade: Q:diamond:

UTG Folds, EP Raises To $1.71 (allin), MP Calls $1.71, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Calls $1.71, SB Folds, HERO Calls $1.61

Hero SPR on Flop: [0 effective]
Flop ($6.89): T:club: 3:club: 9:heart:
HERO Checks, MP Bets $3.44 (Rem. Stack: $6.40), BTN Raises To $6.95 (allin), HERO Folds, MP Calls $3.51 (Rem. Stack: $2.89)

Turn ($20.79): T:club: 3:club: 9:heart: Q:club:

River ($20.79): T:club: 3:club: 9:heart: Q:club: 7:diamond:
BTN shows: 4:diamond: 4:club:
EP shows: 7:club: T:heart:
MP shows: A:heart: A:diamond:

EP wins: $6.54
MP wins: $13.22

On the flop I feel I have two options either shove because of SPR or call. Most likely I would get two callers because if they called the initial bet they are not likely to fold and if that happens best case scenario is about 40% equity. Calling seemed like the better option and then decide what to do on the flop. When V2 bets big on the flop I put him on JJ+ but then V3 shoves. I might have called V2 bet but the shove makes it tough. At the very least someone has a very strong draw which means one of my outs is dirty. I choose to fold but I'd be curious if others think different.

Comments

• fuzzyferret83fuzzyferret83 Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    I think raising preflop would be better here. With 3 other players going to the flop your never going to have an easy decision post flop so better to get the money in pre and try thin the field.
  • fuzzyferret83fuzzyferret83 Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    To add to that shoving and getting called by both MP and Btn is +ev if you have more than 35% equity. You estimated about 40% so your good to shove.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,951 -
    I'd just get it in pre and run it.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • GTOLifeGTOLife Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    At 10nl, multiway and OOP, I'd have to agree it's probably best to jam pre here. EP's obviously garbage and the two other players who acted behind simply called. That almost definitely chops AA and KK out of their range. There's nothing else in the deck you wouldn't happily get it in with here. Especially with a hand that you'll have a difficult time playing profitably postflop since you're oop mw.
  • CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 96 ✭✭
    I think at the very least your hand demands a 3-bet. You are playing deep enough where you could make a sizable bet knowing that if you get called the money is most likely going in.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,951 -
    I think at the very least your hand demands a 3-bet. You are playing deep enough where you could make a sizable bet knowing that if you get called the money is most likely going in.

My reasoning for just shoving is that I think it looks weaker than a standard 3-bet. Any non-shove sizing here is still large enough that the live players should figure they have no fold equity if they jam, and as such it looks really strong. It's basically like a preflop MTT spot. By jamming I think we get a sigh call from worse.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 96 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »

My reasoning for just shoving is that I think it looks weaker than a standard 3-bet. Any non-shove sizing here is still large enough that the live players should figure they have no fold equity if they jam, and as such it looks really strong. It's basically like a preflop MTT spot. By jamming I think we get a sigh call from worse.

I agree with you. I think the best option is to shove. I don't know that there is any sizing where hero can avoid getting it in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file