Button call 60$
Bb call 60$
Pot $180

Flop Jh 9h 8h
We have $290
What do?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,863 -
    I think that shallow it may not matter much, but small bet looks okay, or if BTN routinely fires at perceived weakness I think check-jam is an option.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited May 26
    Did you call and then back raise or does the action start on the SB? I don't think you could back raise if the straddle was to $15.
    Did you call and then back raise or does the action start on the SB? I don't think you could back raise if the straddle was to $15.

Pretty sure blinds act first and it's just a standard raise.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 146 ✭✭
    For a button straddle the action is on the small blind first.
    Caesars with a button straddle the action starts with UTG and goes around but skips the button from the CO to the SB. The button then gets the absolute position and can exercise their option after the BB.

Back to the hand:

I think you can lead out on this flop a lot because you have the Qh. I would think no more than a 1/2 pot size bet.
    edited May 27
    Am aware. I believe Wynn does it the same, but many places start with the SB, as indicated in the HH.
    Moderation In Moderation
    @CriminalBizzy is that a fixed $6 button straddle at CP now, or have they gone down the PHo rabbit hole and allow bigger ones?
    Moderation In Moderation
    @TheGameKat The $1/$3 has a $6 on the button or UTG. Button takes priority.
    Thanks. Really need to get down there.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CactusCardsCactusCards ArizonaRed Chipper Posts: 142 ✭✭
    Honestly I'd pop it a little more pre - $15 is a big straddle. With one caller already, I'd go to $75 there. I don't hate $60, but I don't think it sucks to iso here.

As played I think we need to rip on the flop, backdoor hearts with the Qh and a lot of equity to improve. Highly unlikely someone is showing up a flopped straight here
  • grebegrebe Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    C-bet $50. Squirm if button calls. OK if SB calls. Probably sigh call with a shove. The only hands that really have us bad are 88, 99, and a lucky flopped A/K high flush. That's not many combos. Expect calls from pair of jacks, naked Ah, probably anything with a T and a pair....maybe even a naked T?

Yeah, I like a small cbet here.
  • KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 61 ✭✭
    1. Close your eyes
    2. Push all your chips towards the middle.
    3. Tightly grip your cards
    4. Don't open eyes or let go of your cards until the dealer either pushes you the pot or prompts you to show your hand.
    I think a small c-bet here is a mistake unless we plan on folding to a shove, which I think is also a mistake. With a small bet we are offering correct odds for many hands to call us. We make more $$ by pricing them out and securing the pot or getting them to make a bad call. If we're behind, we're likely getting stacked no matter what (or sucking out to that sweet ten of hearts).
    @koss, I hear what you are saying. The dilemma we are faced with right now in this hand though is this: If we jam, what hands call that we beat? Any hand that already has us beat is coming along. A smaller bet induces calls by more hands that we beat.

Hell, I don't know. This is a pretty sick spot. We NEED to bet something though. SPR less than 2....sure, I guess JAM makes sense.
    The problem with inducing calls by hands we beat on boards like this is we are offering them correct odds to chase us down with most of their draws. We make more money by getting hands like Tx, Ah, Kh to fold with a bigger bet, and if we are getting it in with all better hands anyways, we might as well charge these hands appropriately. Given that we have the flush draw here it's actually not as bad as I initially thought, but the problem is that unless we get a blank turn we are OOP in a spot with no good options. So while a $50 may get hands like AJ or T9 to make an incorrect call, they still have some implied odds against us.
    I elected to Jam here. Was a tough spot, our hand is kind of in between here. I thought that We need to deny equity to Ah or Kh. I couldn’t picture myself betting $60 and folding to a ship. For sure can’t check.
    Are we allowed to ask for results?
    grebe wrote: »
    Are we allowed to ask for results?

Sure! @LoveFish did the AhX call and get there?
    Moderation In Moderation
    Button had :Ah:3h and said “bink!”
    SB folded :As:Js

We ran it 3 times no runner runner boats or the magical 10h.
    $470 went the other way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file