Interesting Flop spot with 99

fuzzyferret83fuzzyferret83 Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
So I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the flop bet sizing and whether you'd bet at all. The turn its obvious that I should of put villian all in straight away if I am betting. Look forward to your thoughts

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+1: 100 BB
CO: 45 BB
BTN: 51.4 BB
SB: 99 BB
BB: 88.4 BB
Hero (UTG): 104.2 BB
UTG+1: 105.6 BB
MP: 62.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB, CO posts penalty blind 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has 9:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero raises to 3.4 BB, UTG+1 calls 3.4 BB, MP calls 3.4 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 3.4 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (16 BB, 4 players) Q:heart: 2:heart: 9:heart:
Hero bets 10.8 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 10.8 BB

Turn: (37.6 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
Hero bets 25.2 BB, BTN raises to 37.2 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 12 BB

River: (112 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,951 -
    Flop bet is natural I think, although you could possibly go smaller. Awkward spot with the different stack sizes.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • fuzzyferret83fuzzyferret83 Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Flop bet is natural I think, although you could possibly go smaller. Awkward spot with the different stack sizes.

My thoughts on sizing are that I don't want to make it too cheap to call as then if utg+1 calls, MP is then getting a better price and if he calls Btn is getting a great price. Reasonable thoughts or barking up the wrong tree?

My thoughts on sizing are that I don't want to make it too cheap to call as then if utg+1 calls, MP is then getting a better price and if he calls Btn is getting a great price. Reasonable thoughts or barking up the wrong tree?

What hands are calling on a mono flop?
    Moderation In Moderation

What hands are calling on a mono flop?

Flushdraws mainly but the LAG in MP and Fish on Button are probably capable of calling here with top pair and straight draws.
    Fair. I guess my point is, the danger with betting large is that you contort the calling ranges to stuff that's ahead of you. This is a particular issue when you bet into a big field since the action signifies extreme strength.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Fair. I guess my point is, the danger with betting large is that you contort the calling ranges to stuff that's ahead of you. This is a particular issue when you bet into a big field since the action signifies extreme strength.

Made flushes and pocket queens are ahead of us here. Most strong flushes would probably raise us and if we get called we still have plenty of outs, pocket queens would usually of 3bet us preflop so a villian having these is unlikely.

If we do bet smaller here what should be the plan if we get raised, or get 3 callers?
    edited May 28
    I'd be committed against the short stacks since they have a comparable number of one-card FDs as made flushes and I have the boat redraw. Against the full stack it'd depend on the raise size. If you get 3 callers I'd suggest filling up ;) That seems improbable however.

Concerning the observation of the hands currently beating you, all true of course, but suggest a more profitable angle to explore is the hands from which you can extract value, and the bet size that best accomplishes that. The point of poker isn't to win the most pots, it's to win the most money.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file