Pio Solver question

BourbonizeBourbonize Red Chipper Posts: 48 ✭✭
I'm kinda new to solvers, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I ran a sim using 33% bet sizing. Then I ran the same sim, but with 50% bet sizing. Then again with 67% bet sizing. It showed 33% having the highest EV. Then I ran the same sim again, but with all 3 bet sizes. I don't see anywhere where you can see the EV for each, but it shows the preferred % of each. And it says 50% is the preferred bet size. So my question is, which do I go by? The ones that I ran individually that said 33% was best or when I ran them all at once and it said 50% was best?
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,960 -
    That's the sort of detail coach w34z3l goes into in our GTO+ course which I think should be out by next week.

I suspect the bottom line in the situation you're describing is if you give the solver more simultaneous options, it allows it to find overall higher EV lines via mixed sizings. That's a general principle of game theory. So in other words, if you as a human choose to make a GTO simplification and use a single sizing, you should go for 33%. If you're prepared to develop a strategy using multiple bet sizings, in your particular study the most common will be 50%.

In other words, 50% in your second model might come out as the most frequent choice, but that's reflective of the fact the model is using multiple sizings. If you want to use a single one, I believe it should be 33%.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • BourbonizeBourbonize Red Chipper Posts: 48 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    That's the sort of detail coach w34z3l goes into in our GTO+ course which I think should be out by next week.

I suspect the bottom line in the situation you're describing is if you give the solver more simultaneous options, it allows it to find overall higher EV lines via mixed sizings. That's a general principle of game theory. So in other words, if you as a human choose to make a GTO simplification and use a single sizing, you should go for 33%. If you're prepared to develop a strategy using multiple bet sizings, in your particular study the most common will be 50%.

In other words, 50% in your second model might come out as the most frequent choice, but that's reflective of the fact the model is using multiple sizings. If you want to use a single one, I believe it should be 33%.

Thank you, I really appreciate your help!
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,960 -
    Bourbonize wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Thank you, I really appreciate your help!

You're very welcome.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file