200NL vs 100NL

mp777mp777 Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
Is it strange that I seem to think that 200NL plays a bit more logically and straightforward than 100NL? Ranges seem easier to understand / more logical, lines taken are also a bit more standard, bets/raises in certain spots seem to get more respect. Does anyone else experience it this way?

Referring to 6-max specifically, but may also be relevant for full ring.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 4,960 -
    The players are likely better, so in that sense it's probably more logical.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 154 ✭✭
    The leaks and punts become less and less as you move up each stake.
  • KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    A common mistake is equating more straightforward with profitable. The nonsensical things people do at lower stakes are often huge mistakes that we can generate a lot of profit from. Even though there may not be a lot of study for how to handle their outside the box plays, if our thought process is sound, we will win a lot, even if we occasionally get stacked in some weird spots. A game where everyone is playing a rough approximation of GTO is going to be nearly impossible to profit in.

I will say on my smaller intra-state site, I have found there are more fish at 200NL, while the reg pool at 100 and 200NL are roughly the same. I suspect this might be from live 1/2 players dipping their toes in at the same stakes they play live. The regs that don't play up to 200NL are a little weaker, but there are more limpy high VPIP fish at 200NL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file