500nl 4bet pot IP

Meb5276Meb5276 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
Villain is one of the top winning regs at mid/high stakes.

VPIP 22
PFR 18
3bet 10
4bet range 3.6
4bet vs me 15
Cold 4bet (7/180) = 4

I run 26/22/9 and fold to 3bet 57%

Villain and I dont battle too often. He does 3bet me a ton and I feel his fold to 3bet stat on me is probably higher than normal as well as he knows he has an edge and can outplay me post flop, so he abuses that. He knows I isolate a lot and he 3/4 bets a lot to take down my 3bets and to isolate the hand.

Pre flop may be spew, but versus his range I dont think it is terrible. I have seen him 4bet, cbet small, then give up vs me in a similar spot.

As played, I dont see merit in jamming the flop.

The turn is a tough spot for me as I think this is a very interesting card.

- If he has the flush I think he still jams some % of the time because the board is getting wet and I have a few sets here at times. 88/99 is low % but still possible. QQ is mostly a shove pre.

- I dont think he can ever fold AK even without the Ac.
- He knows I am capped here and can never have AA/KK and typically wont have AK. KQ, TJ and some K9s are in my range.
- My TJ gets there with a straight
- So what does he check with? I have seen him c/f here in a normal 4 bet pot. To my knowledge, this is the first cold 4bet pot we battled in.
- Does he shove A of clubs or use it to bluff catch?

My logic at the time was that I still could get thin value and deny equity with a shove. If he has a hand like AcQx, he still may call. If he has air, I obviously take it down. If he does have air, I dont want to give me a club on the river to bluff me off, although thats risky on his part too. I could be getting trapped with AcXc and I thought AK was a possibility as well although I have a blocker. I originally was about to click it back, but if a club hits the river and he shoves its gross. Although I probably check back if I have the Ac here so maybe that was the right move. End of the day, I felt me not having a club puts one in his hand so I justified my shove as value and denied equity.

PokerStars - $5 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

SB: $1,038.65 (207.7 bb)
BB: $512.50 (102.5 bb)
UTG: $579.28 (115.9 bb)
MP: $822.98 (164.6 bb)
Hero (CO): $500.00 (100 bb)
BTN: $984.50 (196.9 bb)

SB posts $2.50, BB posts $5.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $7.50) Hero has Kspade4.gif Tspade4.gif
UTG raises to $12.50, fold, Hero raises to $40.00, 2 folds, BB raises to $110.00, fold, Hero calls $70.00

Flop: ($235.00, 2 players) 9club4.gif Kclub4.gif Qspade4.gif
BB bets $58.00, Hero calls $58.00

Turn: ($351.00, 2 players) 8club4.gif
BB checks, Hero bets $332.00 and is all-in, BB calls $332.00

River: ($1,015.00, 2 players) 5club4.gif

Players agreed to run it twice.

River #2: ($1,015.00, 2 players) Qdiamond4.gif

Results: $1,015.00 pot ($0.00 rake)
Final Board: 9club4.gif Kclub4.gif Qspade4.gif 8club4.gif 5club4.gif Qdiamond4.gif

BB shows Kheart4.gif Aclub4.gif: (Flush, Ace High)
Board #1 : (Pre 69%, Flop 71%, Turn 89%)
(Two Pair, Kings and Queens)
Board #2 : (Pre 69%, Flop 71%, Turn 88%)

Hero shows Kspade4.gif Tspade4.gif: (One Pair, Kings)
Board #1 : (Pre 31%, Flop 29%, Turn 11%)
(Two Pair, Kings and Queens)
Board #2 : (Pre 31%, Flop 29%, Turn 12%)

BB wins $506.00

Comments

• KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I think you sealed your fate preflop here. 3-betting an UTG open with KTs is pretty thin, but possibly OK. But the 4-bettor isn't just 4-betting you, he's 4-betting an UTG opener. If I did 3-bet this, I think you have to fold to the cold 4-bet. It's just too thin.

I'd feel stuck on this turn too. Shoving is very thin, and most of his range either has you beat or has equity. It's a decent spot to put his various ranges into equilab and see how it shakes out. I'd probably go with the check back given position, and the fact that you are going to still be behind here a lot. If a club rolls off and he bets, I'd be comfortable folding. And it's a card I'd consider bluffing at myself. You're behind a lot and I want a free look at my outs.
  • Meb5276Meb5276 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I should have mentioned that UTG plays very fit or fold. Relatively wide open range and wouldn't continue with less than QQ+, AK unless he knows he will get a price to set mine. Villain has a large edge in the game and he knows it, as well as pushes that edge a lot. So in real time, I saw this as he was pushing his edge. It is a fold to the 4bet though, after letting the hand settle.

3betting KTs to an UTG raise is standard by the RCP GTO range charts :)
  • JTPorterJTPorter Red Chipper Posts: 1
    edited 4:25PM
    What does one mean by 100NL or 500 NL?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file