Confused at the river OOP with TPGK

xoxo93xoxo93 Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
Hey guys, hope you'll are having a great day.

I have posted a hand below as an example of a spot I generally get confused in and am unsure of what the correct play would be. I have been recently going through ''drilling OOP as PFR" & "CBET OOP" by 'W34Z3L' as I want to improve my OOP gameplay and am trying to wrap my head around the concepts . It starts off with me being the PFR OOP on the flop. If I am correct I believe my hand AJ is worth 2 streets and I need to bet the flop since AJ is quite vulnerable as there are a number of draws that could complete. The turn does not change much so I double barrel and get called again. The confusion I often have is on the river. In a perfect world I would hope it goes check check and I can get to showdown but what do I do if a draw completes and my opponent bets after I check? I find myself in a tough call/fold position. The opponent in position could have either made his draw or could be bluffing and I'm not sure what to do. Even if I lead the river there is a possibility of getting check raised. Is there any other way I could maybe play this hand or is my line good? Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem 25(BB)
HERO (105.9) [VPIP: 19.9% | PFR: 15.7% | AGG: 23% | Flop Agg: 24.6% | Turn Agg: 26% | River Agg: 15.2% | 3-Bet: 5.1% | 4-Bet: 12.7% | Hands: 354057]
BTN (98.2) [VPIP: 43.1% | PFR: 19.1% | AGG: 36.3% | Flop Agg: 36.1% | Turn Agg: 40.7% | River Agg: 30% | 3-Bet: 9.5% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 31.3% | Hands: 292]
SB (178.0) [VPIP: 27.1% | PFR: 19.8% | AGG: 29.2% | Hands: 270]
BB (40.9) [VPIP: 30% | PFR: 8.5% | AGG: 19.4% | Hands: 3499]
UTG (73.9) [VPIP: 51.4% | PFR: 17.5% | AGG: 35.2% | Hands: 261]
HJ (126.3) [VPIP: 31.6% | PFR: 21.1% | AGG: 25.5% | Hands: 11701]

Dealt to Hero: :Ad:Js

UTG Folds, HJ Folds, HERO Raises To 2.5 BBs, BTN Calls 2.5, SB Folds, BB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [15.04 effective]
Flop (6.4): :2h:Jh:9d
HERO Bets 4.2 (Rem. Stack: 99.2), BTN Calls 4.2 (Rem. Stack: 91.5)

Turn (14.8): :2h:Jh:9d:4s
HERO Bets 7.4 (Rem. Stack: 91.8), BTN Calls 7.4 (Rem. Stack: 84.1)

River (29.6): :2h:Jh:9d:4S::8S:
HERO Checks, BTN Checks

BTN shows: :6C::6S:

HERO wins: 28.1
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,045 -
    Your line looks sensible, although if you have notes on V about their evident stickiness or their postflop stats, a small river bet might be in order.

If the river came a heart, it really becomes a bit of a guessing game. I'm personally not fond of block bets in such spots, since they can get raised just as easily as a check can and cost more. If you face a big bet, I think population data indicates you're beat often enough that folding is correct. But you again need to factor in opponent tendencies. For example, some players just love raising FDs on the flop. If they call flop, that obviously increases the chances that a river bet is busted hearts and you can bluff catch.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • xoxo93xoxo93 Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Just checking if I understood what u said correctly. If the river is a blank I can bet small if villain is sticky to maybe get value from weaker hands that are worse(like the 66 in the above hand) and if a draw gets there I need to accordingly make a decision weather to call or not and it's better to fold against big bets.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,045 -
    xoxo93 wrote: »
    Just checking if I understood what u said correctly. If the river is a blank I can bet small if villain is sticky to maybe get value from weaker hands that are worse(like the 66 in the above hand) and if a draw gets there I need to accordingly make a decision weather to call or not and it's better to fold against big bets.

Correct. In fact you expressed the key ideas more efficiently than I did!
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file