Hand selection to fit the polarization criterion for the current betting round

SailboatsSailboats Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
I read this from some smart guy not named "Ed Miller." Pretty sure he copied it all from Poker's 1%.

Process for constructing ranges (in order of importance)
1) MDF Betting frequencies
2) Street Value-to-bluffing frequencies
3) Hand selection to fit the polarization criterion for the current betting round. If you can’t find the proper mix you must adjust your initial range.

Can somebody explain #3 to me? And maybe an example?

It's backing ranges out of frequencies?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,056 -
    I'll take a shot.

When we get to the river, GTO-based ideas says we should be betting with a polarized range. In order to arrive at the river with a polarized range, we need to be somewhat polarized on the previous streets. It's actually intrinsically connected to point 2) that you list.

The problem with this is that preflop GTO solutions don't spit back polarized ranges, so the 3-point plan you list strikes me as pretty useless in the context of current theory.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Juan_BrooksJuan_Brooks Red Chipper Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 12
    Many ppl forget that MDF is the minimum percentage of time you must raise) to prevent your opponent from profiting by always bluffing you.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Many ppl forget that MDF is the minimum percentage of time you must raise) to prevent your opponent from profiting by always bluffing you.

Not sure if you meant raise but it's actually call. Mdf is the percentage of your range that must call so that they don't auto profit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file