i was fished cause I was too greedy

brucerjwaynebrucerjwayne Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
vilain SB stats in 97hands: VPIP 37/ RFI 22/ 3bet 3,7

the range i put him at the flop is:[22-TT, Axs, AJo,AQo,KJ, KTs,KQ, QJ,QTs, JT, 98s, 78s,T8s+]

and he calls the flop with some suitedbackdoorstraights, all pairs, two pairs, and Sets. when he goes allin, for seeing some crazy things like this, i think he goes allin with [A5,A7,,QdJd,KdQd, KdJd] wich i'm winning, and[55,77,TT] where i'm loosing. Both 7 combos, this was a cleary fold and I was Blind?
Its I was very deep, this changes everything?
I run it on equilab, and gave me 43% equity against this bet range, the pot odds to call was 45%, so fold is the best option.

beeing honest, in the action I didn't think in the Pot odds, maybe it could save me

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Pokeit

UTG: $2.34 (117 bb)
MP: $2.84 (142 bb)
CO (Hero): $7.63 (382 bb)
BU: $1.05 (53 bb)
SB: $5.70 (285 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with :TC::AH:
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 1 fold, SB calls $0.09, 1 fold, MP calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32) :5H::AD::7C:(3 players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10, MP folds

Turn: ($0.52) :TD:(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.33, SB raises to $5.50 (all-in), Hero calls $5.17

River: ($11.52) :5C:(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $11.52 (Rake: $0.92)

Showdown:
SB shows :TS::TH: : (a full house, Tens full of Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 69%, Flop: 4%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

CO (Hero) shows :AH::TC: (two pair, Aces and Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 31%, Flop: 96%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

SB wins $10.60

Comments

• AKQJ10AKQJ10 Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    98 flopped a gutter and turned open-ended, so I suppose you could include some fraction of those in his semibluffs. Do you have a population read for what it means in this game when someone shoves the turn for 5x pot? I'd probably weight my read slightly toward bluffs because sets shouldn't be expecting you to call with much; top two just happens to be exactly the bottom of your calling range.

I'd probably just add 5% for the "Villain may be insane" factor and call it off, but you make a good case for landing on the other side of the fence and folding.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 209 ✭✭
    With 1 limper I'd be tempted to fold this preflop. I'm assuming you were trying to isolate but there are much better hands to do this with. Also 6x is a pretty big raise size. On the flop your raise size is a bit weird in not sure if this is a value bet or not. I would size up if your going to bet although I don't think a check is bad. On the turn I would lean toward fold. Most of the bluffs you mentioned have a lot of equity to improve. Can't fault you for calling with a lot of draws on the board.
  • KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    The ISO raise pre looks good to me, and I have no issues with any of your sizings. There area few schools of thought to dealing with massive spazz overbets.

On thought is what AKQJ10 said about adding in some sort of "insanity" factor to villains range. Just use your standard equilab ranges and add in a few trash hands and see if that pushes a close decision towards call.

Another thought is that they are very bluff heavy and we should call these a lot. I'm not sure I have seen enough experience with these to say that's true, and the cost of being high is pretty bad. But I do know some microstakes players that think these massive overbets are bluff heavy.

The way I tend to approach them is that I'll give it respect the first time I see it from a player. Even at a stake like 2NL where there's going to be a lot more spazzy players, I'd still probably give it a lot of respect the first time I see it. So in this case it's close. We have top 2 but he's made a massive overbet. I probably couldn't fold in real time, and maybe I'm tainted by the results, but I think the first time we see a villain do this we can fold. Obviously once we see him make a habit of this then we can start calling much wider, and would easily include top 2.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10
    this was a cleary fold and I was Blind?
    Since you turned top 2P, it's hard to let it go.
    Yet you're playing low stakes (so Villains aren't smart and either over bluff of never bluff), and Villain is raising you all-in for 16 times your bet and almost 10x the pot. This is humongous and, from a bad low stake player, screams only a nutted hand.
    Could it be a worst 2P? Villain's stat don't allow us to see any TX hands which improve with this hand (except AT), and Villain didn't raise the flop (discounting or dismissing A5 and A7 he could have - edit: and based on his HUD, he doesn't have 75). So you very probably don't beat anything Villain would raise with here.
    Sure, a good player will raise other combos than a nut hands, like turned OESD or a bckd FD or else. Yet even if they do raise, they won't use this sizing. Could Villain have it? With this sizing, only if he is a maniac, which you didn't say (so I assume not).

This raise and esp. this sizing were an alarm bell you didn't listen to, hence you burnt your money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file