overbet turn would be better?

brucerjwaynebrucerjwayne Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
Here I have 2 questions

1. Overbet turn would be a better play? I think i dont overbet here cuz I was a little "affraid" that he would fold for it, But later i review the hand and realize that he would call with many Kx that I would be winning.

2. After he Reraise me on Turn, a wich action would be better? Raise again to something like $3 or shove? If he shove, i fold?

Vilain(80hands) VPIP 23/RFI19/3Bet 8

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Pokeit

UTG: $5.89 (118 bb)
MP: $4.34 (87 bb)
CO (Hero): $8.31 (166 bb)
BU: $8.47 (169 bb)
SB: $5.15 (103 bb)
BB: $5.57 (111 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with :AS::AD:
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 players fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) :8S::4D::KC:(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.52) :TS:(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75

River: ($3.02) :9S:(2 players)
BB bets $2.17, Hero calls $2.17

Total pot: $7.36 (Rake: $0.31)

Showdown:
BB shows :5S::6S: (a flush, Ten high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 22%, Flop: 23%, Turn: 25%, River: 100%)

CO (Hero) mucks :AS::AD: (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 78%, Flop: 77%, Turn: 75%, River: 0%)

BB wins $7.05

Comments

• KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    I think your sizing was fine. I probably fold to the turn x/r a lot. It's just a such a strong value line from him. AK actually makes a better call here as it blocks a lot of the Kx two pairs he can take this line with. Your Ace of spades blocks some of the flush draw semi-bluffs he can have.

On the river it's more of the same, although now your ace is a good blocker when the 3rd spade comes in. I don't see a problem with folding either the turn or the river here. It's definitely a very thin call either way. I think this hand was pretty well played by the villain. He peeled vs. your underbet with a GS and a backdoor draw. When he improves his equity OTT but faces a big bet, he can't really call here OOP, but the x/r is a good play to add some fold equity to his combo draw. I would have like a slightly larger sizing, otherwise it's good. The river should probably be a shove, but overall it's a good line you don't see from many players at this stake. Watch out for this guy.

I'd be curious as to what line a solver takes. I don't think putting in another aggressive action after the turn x/r is a good idea. I also don't think this is a great spot for an overbet as I think it just gets too many folds from hands we want to call.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file