Vlogging

LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 184 ✭✭
Does anybody have any links or information about how to start a VLOG?

What editing software to use?
Where to get the overlays for the cards?

I wanted to try it out for fun.

Thanks!

Answers

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,440 -
    This guy knows a thing or ten:

https://redchippoker.com/thetrooper97/
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RussRuss Red Chipper Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    @LoveFish if you click on the description of the video of your favorite blogger, many of them have a list of the equipment they use to make their videos; Neeme and Vibes have links to Amazon. Trooper has links for all his equipment and a video "how I edit videos" (I've never watched it, not a fan of the Trooper).

As for the graphics, they are usually added with your video editing software. Your editing software is a very personal choice, depending on your skill level and what OS your computer is running. Adobe Premier Pro and Davinci Resolve are both very popular. I've edited some poker videos for a few people using Davinci. The overlay itself is just a static graphic with transparent locations for the cards, and then other graphics for the cards themselves. I've seen (but never used) graphic packages of card images for sale, but you can grab your own images for free if you search.
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 184 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat That was an interesting article to read! Thanks for posting. Looks like this is going to be more work than I anticipated, as I have next to 0 hrs experience in editing or filming. Oh well it will be a fun side project.
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 184 ✭✭
    @Russ yea I was looking to possibly just film using my iPhone, to start. I will check out the da Vinci program that you suggest. I would be using Microsoft on a dell laptop.
  • RussRuss Red Chipper Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    The editing isn't that hard once you've done it a few times. The last time I checked you could download and use Davinci for free and the tools included with the free version are sufficient for poker vlogging. It will be time consuming the first few times, working out your flow and synchronizing your video with your commentary.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file