Fold, Call or 4B PF?

bt710bt710 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hello everyone, this is a hand I played at 2NL on Pokerstars Zoom where I'm unsure if I made the correct play Pre-flop. Don't really have any hud stats on anyone apart from the cut-off is a relatively loose opener.

CO: 125BB
B: 249BB
SB: 107BB
BB: 181BB (Hero)

Hero in the Big-Blind with JJ. Cut-Off MR, Button colds calls and Small-Blinds 3B to 11BB. I 4B to 28BB and the B calls. Flop comes T,A,3 and I check-fold to a 2.5x pot shove.

My question is was the 4B pre-flop a good play? I'm pretty certain JJ doesn't want to call and risk going Multi-Way but is way too strong of a hand to just fold given the wider ranges in late position and the amount of dead money in the pot already. I'm pretty sure it was the correct play but just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,056 -
    4-handed play tends to be something of a knife fight, particularly when deep. Looks like a reasonable way to play it.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    As far as the 3 options go, I would remove call as one of them. Cold-calling 3-bets usually narrows your range down to something like TT-QQ/AQ/AK. It's a strong range but one that is easy to play against and one that I love to 4-bet bluff into with my Axs hands because it always gets folds.

Folding is not entirely out of the question if people aren't 3-betting light. You've still got 3 live hands to play against (although the button can have a very wide and non-nutted range here). My memories of these nano-stakes games are that 3-betting happens at a much smaller rate than optimal, they are more like live games in that regard. If that's the case, and 3-bets tend to be more QQ+/AK at this level, I think it's fine to make a player pool level exploit and fold.

In an environment where 3-bets are more frequent then I agree JJ is a 4-bet here. It looks like you played it OK although damn I would be tempted to call that 2.5x pot shove because like wtf are you doing that with, but it's not worth it. This hand looks fine.
  • bt710bt710 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Ah okay, yeah it makes sense and aligns with my thinking. I'm finding at these nano-stakes people adhere to the 3B or fold strategy a lot more (unless pocket pairs) and yeah, that flop shove was extremely tempting but with the way the guy played the hand his range could have even had A2 in it haha..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file