Top set on mono flop - safety check

Ritter422Ritter422 Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Online Poker Hands
Yeah, yeah - setup, boo hoo hoo...

I think I played it fine, but am curious if anybody finds the fold button on the river due to the sizing. Villain had 50 blinds left and bet 41.6 rather then shoving - tell?

I guess I could put him on KQ... :(

$0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

BB: 100 BB
UTG: 84 BB
Hero (CO): 385.8 BB
BTN: 88.8 BB
SB: 105.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :Ks:Kc

UTG raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, BTN calls 6 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop: (19.4 BB, 3 players) :Kd:Jd:4d
UTG checks, Hero bets 12 BB, BTN calls 12 BB, fold

Turn: (43.4 BB, 2 players) :Th
Hero bets 20 BB, BTN calls 20 BB

River: (83.4 BB, 2 players) :9h
Hero checks, BTN bets 41.6 BB, Hero calls 41.6 BB

Hero shows :Ks:Kc (Three of a Kind, Kings)
(Pre 68%, Flop 34%, Turn 23%)
BTN shows :9d:Ad (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 32%, Flop 66%, Turn 77%)
BTN wins 158.4 BB

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,326 -
    edited November 2021
    I think you find the fold button because there's both a flush and straight supported by the board. I guess you can find AdX combos that take this line.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Ritter422Ritter422 Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I guess you can find AdX combos that take this line.

That's what I was thinking in the moment and the call was offering a hair over 2:1

Stupid game...

• elvidaelvida Red Chipper Posts: 70 ✭✭
    I think at these stakes with the Villan calling both flop and turn, and you blocking top pair, I am folding. What other hands is he calling those two streets with? JJ is the only combo that might, or TT if he floats, but he will see the flush draw too and if he doesn't have it, I doubt he calls two streets. Not enough worse hands. If he bets smaller I would probably call.
  • Bur84Bur84 Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I can’t comment because I have never 3 bet preflop , bet flop, bet turn, check called river and won at showdown. 😭😭😭
  • elvidaelvida Red Chipper Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Your posting of this made me curious. I don't have even close to the volume you do, but I was pleased to note that I only had one hand where I followed this line and called. I lost.... ;)

But...at least I am consistent. The hand was where I had TP, but flush draw came in on the Turn. Probably should have checked turn, but I continued my line and then on the R Check Called a 1/3 pot bet. The call was at best barely EV+, but not realistic at the stakes. Might be theoretically correct to call with some hands, but it is probably a smart fold and of dubious value to call.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file