Lost my thought process, What could I do differently.

321AAAAction321AAAAction Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
I am quite sure there must be a better way to play this hand.. I have not looked through my books and videos to see if I can find anything on how to play here, I decided to just post it and see what everyone has to say.. I am not happy with how the hand turned out, anyway let me know what you think..

Hand took place on WSOP.com 200 NL 6max.

Dealt to Hero: 6d7d
Effective stacks: 100bbs

This was the second hand I played when I sat down at the table. WSOP.com so no HUD stats, I have played about 200 hands or so vs the villain and I think he is a strong player. TAG and tricky.

LJ- 136bbs
HJ-255bbs
CO-115bbs
BU-100bbs
SB (Hero) 100bbs
BB (Villien) 115bbs

Preflop: (1.5bbs)

Dealt to Hero: 6d7d
Action folds to Hero in the SB:
Hero raises to 3bbs-
Villain raises to 9bbs-
Hero calls 9bbs-

Flop: (18bbs)

Ad- 9d- 6c

Hero checks
Villien bets- 5bbs
Hero raises to 17bbs
Villain calls 17bbs

Turn: (54bbs)

Kc

Hero Bets: Alliin (74bbs)
Villain: (tanks but not forever, about 20seconds into his 1minute timebank if I remember correctly)
calls 74bbs

River: (198.5bbs)

Ts

Hero is all-in and loses to Villain's 8c9c!!

Yea.. I got owned pretty hard here.. I don't really know if it was a good call by the villien or not, I am sure he assumed there was some kind of chance that I had the exact hand I was holding or I was just seizing out on the other end of the internet. However it was a great call and he won the pot easily. Sigh. My though process was to try and fold out KK- QQ or other pairs he had in his range since it was BvB I figured his range to be quite wide including weaker Aces that might not call for all the chips since I had raised preflop as well, and I did not mind getting it in vs the nuts if that's what happened. I guess my line was just too fishy and making that call had merit. Any thoughts/advice appreciated, just take it easy this one hurts.. lol.

Comments

• ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 224 ✭✭
    Assuming we don't know V's hand, the x/r against a 3bet range is not bad but once v calls his range should be very Ax heavy. The turn improves V range and not yours but you shove. I would be looking to shove on cards that improve your range. Those would be a 5, 6, 7, 8, 10. The shove is fine because of the weird spr caused by the x/r. So I would be checking the K and evaluate V action ott.
  • DollarBizzDollarBizz Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I agree with Ulysses about the turn action. The K is a weird one to barrel. Consider “if I had the nuts here, would I barrel?” If the answer is yes, then I don’t hate the play, but I don’t think it’s great.

I would also consider just flatting the flop bet some of the time, instead of semibluffing, but after he calls your flop checkraise flags should be up. I would assume we’re behind here a lot of the time.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve pushed a flush draw against thinking players, only to get called and then not get there, loosing way more than made sense. Not saying this is exactly the scenario, but you seemed quite comfortable escalating the action with your draw and bottom pair, when in my mind, his range is strong. So when we arrive at the turn and don’t improve, the spot is really yucky. If we are more patient on previous streets, the spot is still tough, but semi Bluffing becomes a question of should we even bet? And if so, how much? As played, I don’t love either option of jam or give up.

Thanks for sharing!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file