Action facing a check-raise on flop with the nut flush draw

colorbulbcolorbulb Philadelphia, PARed Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
$1/3 cash game

UTG straddle ($6) from a pretty loose aggressive player who's been making questionable plays all night, but has also been getting lucky (including hitting a high hand jackpot for $500, so he was definitely gambling more since then)

Folds to me in MP with AKcc, I make it $25 to go

Three callers, including the UTG straddler

Flop ($104)
8c 7c 6h

- UTG checks
- I cbet $35 (in retrospect I think I should just be checking here on such a wet board that hits all of their preflop calling ranges, but my thinking in the moment was that I wanted to build the pot with a nut draw, especially since the table was call-happy with a wide range of hands for most of the night)
- Hijack calls
- Button calls
- UTG check-raises to $200 total

What should hero do here with the nut flush draw? Pot is now $409 and UTG check-raiser has $300 behind, and I have him covered. The two callers are still waiting to act after me, each with only about $150 left in their stacks.

Do I have the right price here for a shove? Is calling ever a viable option in this spot? Is folding too nitty with such a huge draw against a wild gambler type?

Thanks!

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,479 -
    Call and pull in the players behind IMO. UTG isn't folding ever, so try and get the extra money in the pot. Commit on any turn.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • tagliustaglius Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭
    Check flop. Let er’ rip now. You’ve got ours bs anything he’s got, and might even be ahead vs a lag occasionally
  • CononthepokerCononthepoker Red Chipper Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Interesting position with four players, I prefer a call as @TheGameKat said to potentially bring in the other players. Folding is WAY too nitty IMO
  • elvidaelvida Red Chipper Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I think that @TheGameKat has it right as well. Jamming here strengthens all the ranges of those who come along for the ride and may send lower flushes running. Plus this is a board that smashes the range of the callers increasing the likelihood they come along.
  • GreifkinGreifkin Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    What if villain has a hand like Q9 clubs, how about 99, or 8To, maybe even A8...etc? There are many hands you do well against, and a few you don't. Anything he calls with, you'll have some equity against, even he's strongest holding, 9Tcc. It may not feel like it, but you do have some fold equity against villain as well. IMO, this is a shove.
  • Jimmy3150Jimmy3150 Red Chipper Posts: 376 ✭✭
    “Is folding too nitty with such a huge draw against a wild gambler type?” YES

If you want to cbet a range disadvantage board into multiple opponents you better have a commitment mindset. As played I don’t think you’re making much of a mistake by calling or shoving, although you should have no fold equity against the UTG bear in mind, so calling is better, commit on any turn as per GameKat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file