UTG+1: 85.12 BB
MP: 113.28 BB
MP+1: 115.48 BB
CO: 107.48 BB
BTN: 118.52 BB
SB: 79.56 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :Kc:Ks
Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 13 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 33 BB, BTN calls 20 BB

Flop : (67.4 BB, 2 players) :2h:Ac:7c
Hero bets 32 BB, BTN raises to 85.52 BB and is all-in, fold

BTN wins 124.84 BB

Villan was a a big fish at 51/9 over 89 hands - though not a big sample, he was in nearly every pot. I had an SPR of 2 and should have stacked off against his wider range even if he was shoving with a draw or Ax. Or perhaps checked called flop with SDV? Thoughts? I know this seems like a simple hand, but I just want to make sure my post-session thoughts are correct. I just started playing online again.

Comments

• MarrekMarrek Red Chipper Posts: 104
    what do you think he is shoving the flop with? What flush draws does he have?

He can't have AXcc or KXcc, so is he 3betting and calling 4bets with QJcc, QTcc? 87cc? Many players won't have any flush draws in their ranges here. His pfr is only 9%, so he's very unlikely to be 3betting you lite. He probably has a standard value range of JJ+, AK, maybe AQ.

He can def have AK here. AQ is more likely (combinatorically).

So he has
    AK - 6 combos
    AQ? - 12 combos

flush draws? 4 - lets say just say 4 to do the math.

I don't see many ppl jamming QQ or JJ here.

so, vs his range, you have 21% equity. You are looking at 53bb to win 184, which is ~22%. At that point it doesn't really matter what you do.

But if you remove flush draws from his range (which i would), its just a fold.

I would check the flop and see what happens, mostly i'm check/folding vs weak passive fish.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    1. Why not 4bet to a larger size? Huge passive-fish that 3bets = he likes his hand and is likely very inelastic. I don't mind even going to 40bb or 50bb (could never really do this against a reg of course)

2. As played, why CB the flop?

3. As played, fold to the jam. I think the shoving range is too Ax dominated to justify a call.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • FuguFugu Red Chipper Posts: 19
    Thank you Marrek and Split for the analysis. I like the check/fold line against a passive fish, and I should have raised larger on the 4 bet. I should definitely be giving more thought to what range a player would 3-bet/call with also.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file