66 Final Table MTT

SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 780 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Live Poker Hands
$80 live mtt turbo

Hero- 1st tournament in 2 years
Villains- seem like tourney regulars

6 players left at final table all are in the money- payouts 6th-$226 to 1st-$1400

Blinds- $5000-$10000, ante $1000,

chip stacks are approx except Hero's

UTG- $230,000 folds
Hero 2nd to act/HJ- $73,000 :6h:6d
CO- similar stack as Hero
BU- $40,000
SB- $50,000
BB- $250,000

Hero????

Just started playing tournaments. Played some in past but not many. All thoughts appreciated

Comments

• Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
    I'm jamming here. While there are a couple stacks lower than yours they just made it through the blinds, which are coming up on you. You've made the money, now you need to chip up to get to the big money. Jam now while you have some fold equity left. And you only have 7 BBs to boot. Jam.
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    sullyooo wrote:
    Blinds- $5000-$10000, ante $1000,

UTG- $230,000 folds
    Hero 2nd to act/HJ- $73,000 :6h:6d
    CO- similar stack as Hero
    BU- $40,000
    SB- $50,000
    BB- $250,000

This is an easy jam for me. 7 BBs is about the last stack size I'm noticing gets good FE for jams. Going to be closer to 5 if you get through the blinds without any action. One of the big stacks is already out, and you can do a good amount of damage to the other big stack.

Risking 7 BB to pick up 2 BBs, I'm going with it with 66s, albeit it might be the very bottom of my range. AXs, A8o, broadway cards, maybe some mid SCs depending on table dynamics/BBs style.

I really can't see CO/BU/SB calling wide enough. When they do, you're likely facing 10s + AJs, and that happens too infrequently that if they have it, you just hope to bink or avoid them binking. You still made the right move IMO.

If you were deeper, I'd probably fold. Can't complain too much about being to the left of the big stacks, but as is, you really don't have much playability with 7bb
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, yeah this is a pretty interesting spot. When you hear 7bb from HJ with 66, it sounds like an auto-rip. But there are some mitigating circumstances that should make us think a little bit at least. You have 2 shorter stacks behind you, so with ICM we obviously want to be more conservative than normal. And crucially, we are shoving into the chip leader in the big blind. If he has been calling wide with his big stack, then should be more willing to consider folding. For example, if he is calling like 45% of hands here, I might prefer to shove ATC into any of the 3 short stacks than shove 66 into this big blind (if we think we have fold equity against the short stacks obviously).

But in the end, I still think 66 is too strong to fold. After all, laddering up is nice but we want to give ourselves a chance to take down 1st place.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file