Baby flush facing a 3-bet - what to do?!

neilv93neilv93 Red Chipper Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Live Poker Hands
This was from a cash game where me and the other three players involved all had 100BB. I was new to the table so had no reads.

UTG+3 raises to 2.5BB, HJ calls, I call in the CO with :6h:4h and the BB folds. Pot is 10.5BB.

Flop comes down :Jh:Th:9h . UTG+3 C-bets for 3BB and the HJ raises to 16BB. What should I do here? He could have a few :Ah:Xh hands or even just :Ah ?X? / :Qh:Xh and be goofing around with a nuttish draw. I have a made hand but I definitely do not want to see another heart peel off on the turn so what should I do? 4-bet, shove or flat?

Comments

• Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
    This is the problem with playing this hand. Did you smash this flop or are you dead?

I think I reraise but prepare to fold if I get shoved on. It's an especially difficult decision due to the lack of knowledge of the Villains.
  • tagliustaglius Red Chipper Posts: 290 ✭✭
    I think if you're going to call with :6h:4h and flop your flush, you kind of accept that you'll get coolered some of the time and take your beating like a man. Especially for 100BB.

I'm 3betting and never folding. Hopefully, your game is aggressive enough that this action is deciphered as only being a flush, making sets and big draws worry about making a mistake no matter which action they take.
  • vikingxxivikingxxi Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Call flop. Use your position. Any non heart turn make pot big.
  • jimbo123jimbo123 Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I think you can just about get it in here assuming he does this with straights, two pairs, sets etc.

Although the Ah isnt on the board which would block a lot of potential flush draws, the board texture and your hand has the advantage of blocking almost every playable suited connector and gapper assuming a range of AK-A2, KQ-KT, QJ-54, QT-75, Q9 which drastically decreases the amount of made flushes.

With the dead money its a correct GII I think, especially as there are 16 combinations of KQ in the deck. I think a lot of SSNL players overplay the offsuit combinations of KQ, when in reality it should be a fold facing an EP open. 2/3 of these combinations are drawing dead against us.
  • rec_playerrec_player Red Chipper Posts: 46
    I'm not sure it really matters how you play it, since you're never folding to a non-heart turn or river.

But, HiJack is protecting with a non-flush hand or being aggressive with a draw. Both of which you are ahead of, so raise to 50BB and hope villain calls or shoves.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall one of Ed Miller's first videos for this site, where he had specifically 64 suited encased with a circle and a line through it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file