over shove by fish middle stage tourney

JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Live Poker Hands
Bovada 6:30 daily $10+$1 10 k gtd

400/800/80

New to table.
Maybe saw about 5 hands and just won a hand with 910 off when I hit my gutshot!
I too had been having a phenomenal run like Nick. Just couldn't lose a hand.

Hero: MP2 66k 82bb :As:Qh
Villain: SB 32k 40bb

In the last 6 hands I had seen at this table, including the one I had won, villain had called every raise and folded 3 out of 6 hands to c bets.

I raise to 1880
Called by button that has about 30bb
And called by villain

Flop :8c:Jc:Ah

I c bet 3420 into a 6680 pot

Button folds
Villian shoves his remaining stack of 30624

40724 in the pot. I have to call 27204 more

I tank
What would you do? What does this shove mean?

Comments

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to ask yourself, is he shoving his tournament life in there with AT or A9? Most likely he's either got you clobbered, or he's gambling with a good to great draw.
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    Ugg yeah this is not a fun spot. The problem is, in these $10 buy ins, you sometimes see yahoos just ripping like this with 1 pair or even air. But I wouldn't assume someone is doing that until I saw them playing wild in other hands. I think you can easily fold here, AK becomes a bit tougher but this is a huge shove, you don't have to call all that often to avoid being exploited. You have all sets, all AJ, A8s, and Axcc in your range. I would sigh and fold, and pay close attention to how this villain plays in the future.
  • JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Ugg yeah this is not a fun spot. The problem is, in these $10 buy ins, you sometimes see yahoos just ripping like this with 1 pair or even air. But I wouldn't assume someone is doing that until I saw them playing wild in other hands. I think you can easily fold here, AK becomes a bit tougher but this is a huge shove, you don't have to call all that often to avoid being exploited. You have all sets, all AJ, A8s, and Axcc in your range. I would sigh and fold, and pay close attention to how this villain plays in the future.

Thanks. Yea should of folded. As I was typing out the hand I realized what a horrible call I made.
    jeffnc wrote:
    I think you have to ask yourself, is he shoving his tournament life in there with AT or A9? Most likely he's either got you clobbered, or he's gambling with a good to great draw.

He actually shoved with a flush and straight draw... :Kc:Tc Hit his Q on river for broadway. (puke) A few hands after that he shoved again with a flush draw with :Tc:2c and hit...

Nick what tourneys do you usually like to play on Bovada?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file