250 BB deep in 2-5 with set facing shove.

Player 1Player 1 Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Live Poker Hands
2-5 NL AT wynn last weekend,

I raise UTG with 1200 stack :Qc:Qs, HJ,CO and B all Call. HJ and CO have about 500 B has over 1500. First call is TP reg 2nd caller is drunk Fish who likes to make nonsense plays, B is Solid higher stakes grinder who i have played with about 1 hour previous and 1 hour that day. Flop is :Ah:Qh:Jh I check for pot control and to keep the spr high. I feel like on this board im not getting many light calls also I dont want to get trapped by the button or bluffed off a large pot since every card except a Q or J is probably bad for me. The TP reg bets 50 into 80 Drunk fish min raises to 100 he had done this twice previously and folded to reraises B calls. The only one i was really worried about was the B I put him on AQ,AJ,JJ most connectors and 1 gaps that make a flush and KT, I dont know about hands that have just the :Kh probably not too many of those except KQ and AK if he didnt re raise pre. so Its on me I make it 200 both bettor and Raiser fold, Button immediatly raises to 700. I thought he must have the flush or straight since he didnt even think about it. Is my thought process sound.<br /><br />*** Unknown response from http://78.47.62.84/api2.0. Error 2: Can't use string ("h"post_url":"http:\/\/forum.redc") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/local/cleantalk/bin/moderate.pl line 1223.
Antispam service cleantalk.org ***

Comments

• SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 780 ✭✭✭
    We know there are 3 players that bet, raised (small) and called a raise, all acting behind us. I would have thanked my lucky stars I got to see the turn card for $100 (I doubt the original bettor reraises) and said that all too common poker prayer " please pair the board"

As soon as this flop and action comes it's defilade time IMO :)
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    You say you are checking for pot control. Then after there is a large bet and two calls, you decide to reraise very small, opening yourself up to a re-raise. This is not pot control:)

When you see the bet and 2 calls, I agree there is still a chance you have the best hand, but it is far from a guarantee. And raising to this size accomplishes very little, as the :Kh can still call profitably, and otherwise you will be folding out hands that you have beat and getting called by hands that are ahead. I would just call on the flop, thinking of your hand mostly as a drawing hand with some showdown value if little-no additional money goes in on later streets.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    This hand will be in an upcoming video.
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    Oh no Soto's making a video, here comes a B****-slap of my analysis :) Looking forward to it.
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no Soto's making a video, here comes a B****-slap of my analysis :) Looking forward to it.

Matt Berkey is on it too!
    I only give him suits, stack sizes, and positions. And he says what we should do.

It gets pretty good. You guys will like it. It'll be in either part 2 or 3 of our discussion.
  • Player 1Player 1 Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Id love to have any feedback, let me know if you would like more detail or anything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file