AJs all in pre against KK

Browrs2Browrs2 Red Chipper Posts: 7
edited September 2015 in Online Poker Hands
Share My Pair hand link:

http://mysmp.me/h_eaw

I guess when he 4 bet me all in pre-flop I should have put him on QQ+/AK? He was a very loose aggressive player at Full Ring $0.01/$0.02 so I thought he was trying to bluff me off the pot.

Any thoughts or insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Morgan_BMorgan_B Red Chipper Posts: 262 ✭✭
    What is the standard open-raise size for him or for the table? Why is he open raising to 10.5bb or 10% of his stack? Is he raising everything this big or only his big hands?

When you 3-bet to 28% of his stack he's either going to fold or go all-in. Unless there's some sort of dynamic between you two or you've seen him 4-bet light before I think you've got to narrow his range and find a fold.

Since he's LAG the 3-bet is probably ok. I think just calling in position may be better. If you flat call the SPR will be 4.6 which isn't bad for a hand like AJs.
  • Browrs2Browrs2 Red Chipper Posts: 7
    Thanks. I couldn't say his standard raise but it definitely was not that high. I'm so used to people raising small or ludicrous amounts that I didn't really take the raise as anything but spewey and wild. I definitely need to focus more on sizing. Both for villain and my own. I didn't think about the SPR.

I looked at poker stove and was surprised to see that I'm about a 2:1 dog and I called pot odd a good deal less than 2:1. That is why this in a non profitable call right? I lose to often to make it back when I win, right?

I know this is pretty basic stuff but I want to make sure I'm understanding the hand correctly.

Thanks.
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 780 ✭✭✭
    :A? :J? is a good raising hand, bad calling hand IMO. I play 1-2, 2-5 live. 4 bets are not bluffs. Easy fold for me. Your raise did it's job, villain told you what he/she was holding. If you had just called pre-flop you would have lost your stack anyways. Raise saves money

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file