Slowly Making a return & Apologizing

Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Off Topic Chat
For everyone who wondered what just happened to me, I'll give a short explanation:

Life happened & it happened pretty hard & fast.

The last couple months i have been dealing with alot of stuff and it wasn't good. Either way, i haven't been playing poker either. The last half of this month, i have been slowly paying and getting back into the game. Sorry to those who started to get interested in my blog and i just fall off. I promise you im not that type of person but i am still in recovery mode getting back into the grind. Either way, until i am completely stable and can continue the project, i won't be doing the blog because i want to make sure i can finish it but i will be back here on the forums splashing around like usual and getting back into things. I also felt i owe you guys some explanation and want to apologize to everyone for disappearing without an explanation.

Also i want to personally thank Persuado for trying to keep in touch even though i did a poor job replying but i promise you i wasn't in the best mood and it ain't personal. However, it meant alot to see a message from you and i feel someone like you who represents this community here, it shows that Red Chip Poker cares. Thank you for that.
-Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com

Comments

• Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    Though we've never had much interaction, or any for that matter, I actually was wondering what happened to you. I said to myself, "I wonder what happened to that Rello guy. He posted all the time."

At any rate, I don't think you need to apologize to anyone. Good luck getting back on track and welcome back.
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭
    We all move in and out of the game to a certain extent at different times. Life happens and we do the best we can.

I am glad you are well. Its all good. =)
    Twitter = @ChipXtractor
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    What is your basic strategy/gameplan when you return to the game after a layoff?

I've had to take a few weeks off due to life but should be able to get back to it next week or so. Here's my basic gameplan:

1.Re-watch key videos and take notes if I haven't already
    2. Watch new videos and take notes
    3. Review notes from poker books I've read
    4. Re-read threads I've posted in
    5. Post in new threads
    6. Review my poker journal

7. Play shorter sessions and just try to play my best B+ game for the first couple of sessions. This allows me to get warmed up and back into practice.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,756 -
    Welcome back, there is a seat open for you.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, hope things continue to get better for you.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,999 -
    Doug Hull wrote:
    Welcome back, there is a seat open for you.

For sure. Was actually just thinking about Rello the other day...so this thread was perfect timing =)
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Thank you guys :) it feels good to have you'll support :)
    What is your basic strategy/gameplan when you return to the game after a layoff?

I've had to take a few weeks off due to life but should be able to get back to it next week or so. Here's my basic gameplan:

1.Re-watch key videos and take notes if I haven't already
    2. Watch new videos and take notes
    3. Review notes from poker books I've read
    4. Re-read threads I've posted in
    5. Post in new threads
    6. Review my poker journal

7. Play shorter sessions and just try to play my best B+ game for the first couple of sessions. This allows me to get warmed up and back into practice.

Well for me, getting back on track is basically more of a mental thing, i want to make sure i ain't just jumping back into the hype, i want to re-build confidence, i want to make sure my game is still sharp so first thing i did, was hop back into my bread and butter (HUSNG) and i started a little challenge for myself at the very basic level, reviewing and trying to put in good quality volume. On the other end, searching the net and going over stuff that you already know is a great idea to reinforce old habits (assuming they are good habits) and keeping things basic as possible. Eventually after i get in a decent size sample and my results show that i am back to normal and not just going by what i feel (because feeling can be misleading sometimes) then by then i will be thinking about challenges and setting new goals, etc.

Once again thank you all for the support.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file