vegas poker attendence so bad.....

richie vegasrichie vegas Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Off Topic Chat
seems most of the poker rooms are dead m-f for city of 2 million plus the tourists.

the fancy leagues have STOLE any new poker players that want to come learn and play the game. such new players now spend those monies on that instead of the world of poker

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    Poker volume always dies down during the winter months in Vegas. It perks back up again around March Madness...
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lean times for the indigenous Vegas Nit. Many will starve during this dry season. Some will huddle together in weekly groups and debate how to play aces. Some, in their fever dreams, will mistakenly place their hopes in Onlinicus, whose priests always promise a new beginning of plenty for all. A few strong ones, driven by the taste of dust in their mouths, adapt and employ new hunting techniques, or simply go west, where the ocean beckons and the games are always great. Most, however, will murmur to themselves, count their comps, and wait hungrily for the monsoon season, dreaming of sets.
  • kytmagickytmagic Red Chipper Posts: 204 ✭✭
    persuadeo wrote:
    Lean times for the indigenous Vegas Nit. Many will starve during this dry season. Some will huddle together in weekly groups and debate how to play aces. Some, in their fever dreams, will mistakenly place their hopes in Onlinicus, whose priests always promise a new beginning of plenty for all. A few strong ones, driven by the taste of dust in their mouths, adapt and employ new hunting techniques, or simply go west, where the ocean beckons and the games are always great. Most, however, will murmur to themselves, count their comps, and wait hungrily for the monsoon season, dreaming of sets.

Nothing short of brilliant!
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    My impression is about 3 weeks ago there was a noticeable up-tick in action. Might just have been due to a couple of big conventions, but there's plenty of money to be made. In my experience the "winter dip" is pretty much just New Years to Superbowl.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    So November 27th-29th is likely to be a reg-fest on the weekend?
  • ennuiennui Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Only August was slow. Once football got going, most poker rooms have had pretty good traffic.

I expect Las Vegas to be pretty busy on Thanksgiving weekend (based on my experience of 6 Thanksgiving weekends over 20 years).
  • billconklinbillconklin Red Chipper Posts: 102 ✭✭
    It's a little slow right now, but not as bad as some here make it out to be. Venetian, Wynn, Bellagio and Aria all are busy enough that you can find some action. Red Rock, on the western edge of the city stays busy and has splash pots coinciding with NFL games.
    And lets not forget that this year's WSOP sucked a lot of cash out too, and there are also quite a few tournaments going on which may suck out some money from cash games.
    The comment that football season causes things to pick up is correct IMO. and as a poet once said, "When winter comes, can spring be far behind?"

Not a bad thing, either, to sometimes work on your game off-table when things seem parched.
    BC
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now it's my turn to play pots with the nits. I'll be in town for a few days so let me know if anyone wants to hang out tonight or tomorrow.
  • dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    I was in Borgata (AC) this past weekend. Every table was in use.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file