Bet sizing with top two on flushed board?

neilv93neilv93 Red Chipper Posts: 68 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in Live Poker Hands
MTT early stages, both players are deep stacked - just a general query regarding top-two on a flushed board.

Hero opens the cut-off for 3BB with :Ks:Jc , called by the BB.

Pot is 7BB and the flop comes :Kh:Jh:6h . What is the best bet size here? Is there a prime example of where I should be over-betting the pot, or at least full-potting it?

Conversely, let's flip the switch and imagine Hero calls from the BB with :Ks:Jc and the flop comes :Kh:Jh:6h . Do we lead here? And for how much? I feel like check-raising in this spot isn't awful but I wouldn't want to risk letting a fourth heart peel the turn and let villain maybe catch up. Obviously :Ah is betting here so that's where a check-raise may be useful but even still, in most cases the ace would still call.

What's the best play in these two spots?

Comments

• Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Betting bigger helps, in general you shouldn't be overwhelm because its a monotone board...

There are 2 differences between: :Kh:Jh:6h and :Kh:Js:6h

Is the 10% of times he has 2 hearts he made a flush vs having a draw.
    The flush draw percentages change: They have about 40% flush draw on the monotone board vs your 10% draw on a your regular flush draw board.

In both situations your betting big because of the draws and so on. In the blinds, its situational. If villain doesn't cbet much leading is way better. If villain is your regular cbetter, then let him put extra chips then raise.

In both situations: Having A-high flush draw, they are more likely to not let it go (wether it be a single A on a monotone board or just Suited Ax.)

Also, things change once the 4th heart comes in of course, since most villain isn't putting in much more chips without a heart vs just a regular board with 3 hearts.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper Posts: 595 ✭✭
    P.S. these numbers is out of my head, its been a while since i look at a situation like this, but im pretty sure im very close if not exact.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • Morgan_BMorgan_B Red Chipper Posts: 262 ✭✭
    I may be wrong but I like to check the flop in both situations, mainly for pot control. Your hand is worth only 2 streets of value. IP you don't like being check raised. OOP you don't want to check raise because you hate being re-raised. I'd feel more comfortable being aggressive with a set in this situation. I may be wrong but that's my 2 cents.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file