DEFINITION ISSUES

rickybrickyb Red Chipper Posts: 45
edited November 2015 in General Concepts
I have run across some phrases that I am not exactly familiar with the true poker definition of..Need a little quick help to grasp the concepts of them:
I don't seem to be advanced enough to know exactly the meaning..

What is shutting out their equity share mean..

What is actualizing their equity mean...

And what does it mean to change the defaults of the game..(this came from the Berkey video, speaking of out of the norm so to speak)..

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,984 -
    rickyb wrote:
    What is shutting out their equity share mean..

What is actualizing their equity mean...

And what does it mean to change the defaults of the game..(this came from the Berkey video, speaking of out of the norm so to speak)..

1. Take a situation where you 3bet with AK and villain folds AT. Their AT has a chunk of equity against your AK, but once they fold, they have zero chance to beat you.

2. It means they are getting a chance to improve their hand and beat you. In the example listed above, if you just flatted AK you allow your opponent to see the flop with AT and actualize their equity and improve against you.

3. I'm not 100% sure the context, but it can mean to play quite loose in a game where players were playing very ABC, but since they see you showing up with crazy hands, they too loosen up and start giving action wider. So you've changed the default dynamic from ABC to loose.
  • rickybrickyb Red Chipper Posts: 45
    Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me...had an idea, but wasn't for sure..That helps a lot....
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,984 -
    You're very welcome =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file