Thanks for the Double Barrel Challenge.

Player 1Player 1 Red Chipper Posts: 59 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Concepts
I got the the live poker journal today which was the prize for completing the challenge, just wanted to say thanks to all involved.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,984 -
    Well thank you for completing the challenge =)

If you get a chance to use the journal, would you mind letting me know what you think of it?
  • dutch81dutch81 Red Chipper Posts: 212
    +1, stone cold nuts.

I don't play much live anymore but I have some ideas to improve the current format for future formats. Either way, the details/features that this book has is amazing for relevant hand details. Very well thought out and constructed.

Some suggestions I'd like to make is to use the space on the page next to the HH details for a description on the villain (above the spade and maybe below it for another spot for villain's data):

Maybe above the spade, a space for notes like "Villain was seen 3betting 76s and K8s to BTN steals from blinds". Hands from S.D's.

Below the spade, a space for notes like "Villain's probable range: S.C's, suited Aces and Kings and TT+". Range details.

Basically stuff that's relevant to the hand that won't fit on the page w/ the table details. It also details of the hand that can be easily forgotten once the session is over and helps to analyze the hand at home.

Other than that, this book has everything else you need to break down the hands away from the table.

Thanks again and keep up the good work RCP!
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,984 -
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on both completing the challenge and winning the prize!
  • dutch81dutch81 Red Chipper Posts: 212
    Thanks man, it was definitely tough at first. After using the new software consistently through the challenge, what I hoped would happen is finally happening. I'm finally comfortable w/ firing two shells W/O the goods since doing the challenge. I see the ranges and the math behind these plays vs. different player types in different situations and it's a game changer.

I think that might've been my "AH-HA" moment that I've heard so much about. I was always intimidated w/ equity calcs. I mean, I was still using Stove before I joined RCP. I know I'm just starting to scratch the surface after 10+ years of being a semi-heavy volume player but I finally made a dent and I won't stop chipping away. Next up, the triple barrel challenge. Been saving HH's for weeks now already, the hard part is remembering the table dynamics at the time of the hand. Whether I won or lost w/ the triple barrel bluff is irrelevant to me... at least for now. Just the fact I'm doing it w/ more than just a value range is a win itself... at least for me. I used to have trouble firing the 2nd barrel for a LONG time and I was constantly being exploited for it. I used to get defensive pulling the trigger but now I put them on the defensive. Poker is so much more fun/better that way. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file