TOOLS - Flopzilla v Equilab

terry0222terry0222 Red Chipper Posts: 9
edited November 2015 in General Concepts
I'm looking for advice from anyone who has experience with both Flopzilla and Equilab.

The products seem to be reasonably similar in capabilities. That being said, Equilab appears to be a bit more intuitive, although I actually have more experience with Flopzilla.

If you have experience with both of these tools, which one is your choice, and why?

Follow-up question: There is also a "Power-Equilab," which appears to have some additional features over the no-cost version. IF you have used the 'advanced' version of Equilab, are you happy with the investment?

Thanks

Comments

• Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    I have used both before and i have to say they are for the most case 2 different tools for 2 different purpose. Flopzilla is range work itself where you can break down ranges on different boards, do studies, etc.

Equilab is your equity calculator in a nutshell.

Both are very good tools in their own way and both can be used with each other perfectly. There shouldn't be much of a "vs" topic between these 2.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,984 -
    They are both great pieces of software...and they are good at different things.

Equilab is the best equity calculator out there.
    Flopzilla is the best hand/range exploration software out there.

They perform overlapping tasks (such as showing equities, saving ranges, etc.)...but look at them as tools you use in tandem vs one or the other imo
  • Morgan_BMorgan_B Red Chipper Posts: 262 ✭✭
    Looks like Power Equilab allows you to have multiple ranges color coded on one chart. For example BTN vs. UTG open raise... you could have a 3-bet range, a cold call range, and a range that you 3-bet a certain percentage of the time. I'd like to know what Flopzilla can do that Power Equilab cannot or vice versa... I don't think there's really much difference if you know how to use all the features of each piece of software. I've found Flopzilla a bit cumbersome trying to tell it exactly which hands in the range I want to continue with etc.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    I never knew that for power-equilab, thats pretty useful however, I use combonator for that exact reason and it does exactly what flopzilla does.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file