SplitSuit New "playing suited connectors" video

Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Concepts
First off, thank you for a very in-depth video. I really wish i had this about a year ago when i got obsess about playing suited connectors more profitably and even after all the hard work i still found this video to be loaded with valuable information.

I have a question concerning Advance Poker Training, can you set a table to fit more of the tougher online player profiles?
-Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,011 -
    You're very welcome, I'm glad you liked it!

APT really caps out when it comes to challenges imo. It's great for mimicking softer table conditions but isn't calibrated well for tougher tables.

Pokersnowie is my suggestion for more of a challenge.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    I always watch players use Poker Snowie but never used it myself, but are you saying you can mimick different situations with Poker Snowie like APT?
    -Rello

• Morgan_BMorgan_B Red Chipper Posts: 262 ✭✭
    I haven't used APT or Poker Snowie in a long time but this is what I remember. With APT you can switch to more difficult rooms, they were called "Swiss Alps" and "KGB Dungeon". They were definitely more difficult than the other rooms but honestly not sure how tough they were or how they compare to tough online games. At the time I seemed to be holding my own against them so they must not be that tough. Poker Snowie doesn't have varying difficulty levels. You can set the stakes and # of opponents but all your "Snowie opponents" are going to be the same. Snowie is tough to beat but I honestly didn't use that feature much. I used Snowie for it's preflop advice which I'm now finding out is too tight. Not the open raising but the defending, especially vs. multiple opponents. The best feature of Snowie IMO is the ability to import your hand histories and have it identify your big mistakes or blunders. You can also enter in a specific scenario and ask for it's advice. Just put in all the # players, stack sizes, cards, action etc. and Snowie will give you it's advice for the situation. Hope this helps.
    Thank you :) i will check it out and see if its what i want, if it is i'll be purchasing a license :)
    -Rello

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,011 -
    Rello242 wrote:
    I always watch players use Poker Snowie but never used it myself, but are you saying you can mimick different situations with Poker Snowie like APT?

I just know the PokerSnowie bots aren't as weak/tight as the APT ones. It's very easy to find the pain threshold of the APT bots and then you never really get challenged imo.
    Ok thank you
    -Rello

• PerivaleTonyPerivaleTony Red Chipper Posts: 13
    Hi Morgan_B, Do you remember how to access those harder poker rooms? I've been using APT for nearly a tear now but cannot ever remember coming up against these before. I usually compete in MTT's where you can set the table to the hardest possible & the opponents to be more aggressive than normal but I haven't seen the option of these rooms before.

TYIA
    Perivale

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file