Improving Live Poker Game thru Online Play

ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Concepts
It has been quite a while since I consistently played online poker. I used to play quite a bit years ago. I go all the way back to the Planet Poker and Paradise Poker days for those of you guys who may remember online poker that many years ago.

I am thinking about starting to play again online. I would like to use my online play as a way of improving my live play.

I am sure the games have changed quite a bit, and I was hoping that some of you guys who play a decent amount online as well as live, can give me a few pointers on how you go about balancing the two forms of the game.

Any tips or general advice on what I can/should be doing to use online poker to help me get better for my live games would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Twitter = @ChipXtractor

Comments

• SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    I play precisely to tune up for live games. Mostly online I'll play low and micro stakes. My main objectives are to focus on the fundamentals and get practice. 100% improves my live play
  • Morgan_BMorgan_B Red Chipper Posts: 262 ✭✭
    Live players around here play way too many hands and often value their hand incorrectly. They don't put you to the test and getting to showdown is usually pretty easy. To find similar opponents online you'd probably have to play microstakes. Small to mid stakes online players will have much stronger ranges and play/ bluff more aggressively. It can be difficult to adjust between the two.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file