008 - learning poker for free

JfdiwinsJfdiwins Red Chipper Posts: 52
edited December 2015 in Podcast, Articles, Freebies
Hi Splitsuit,
This episode was pure gold for those on a budget.
Thank you so much for the advice given I now have a ton of free videos to watch courtesy of the poker bank.

Comments

• FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    I didn't feel like breaking the mold of SS posting all these, but I agree. Great resources and advice.

First, I think it was well balanced and brought up good points. If paying for coaching or a subscription would affect your bankroll, it'd be better to utilize the free resources (kind of a duh, but I do think it needs to be stated). Also, when the funds are available, the money you put towards quality content is going to launch you so much faster than the gathering and utilization of free content. I do think, for myself, I have a few books to catch up on before putting money towards direct coaching to get the most value out of it, but I do see the upside. Maybe I'll have to dabble in some twitch or youtube seminars first, idk.

I hope the new formatting is in line with the grouping of concepts and ideas, where if there is something that is somewhat vague conceptually, they'll be a series available on it. Probably the oddest part about the pro membership right now is the 'here is the topics you get'. Not that I haven't learned something from every video, I think the concepts would be retained better if we didn't have a little bit of calculus, geometry, and 1800s literature every month.

Also apreciate the other sites mentioned such as flopturnriver looks like it has a lot of useful info, and of course The Bank, which really would be the first place I'd direct someone starting out.

Loving the podcast! another thing to listen to on my way to work between the thinking poker podcast, mindset advantage, and ante up, among others.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Thanks so much for the feedback guys!

And -ev...we're VERY close to having something to show you that will make you very happy =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • thekidtimthekidtim Red Chipper Posts: 24
    Just wanted to say that I'm a subscriber to the podcast through podcast republic. Excellent work James. All I have to do is get off my dead butt and learn from your book and the crushing nl vid pack.
  • The MuleThe Mule Red Chipper Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    Loving the Podcasts.

For those wanting a free HUD, there is FPDB:

https://github.com/philroberts/FPDB-for-OSX/releases

Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the paid versions, but what do you expect - it's free. It is configurable, available for Windows and Mac, and works on an extensive number of sites and for different games.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Thank you very much guys! If you have any topics you'd like discussed on the podcast, just let me know =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file