podcast topic suggestion

thepokermonkthepokermonk Red Chipper Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Podcast, Articles, Freebies
Hey SplitSuit,
First off, let me say how much I enjoy the podcast. You are doing an exceptional job!
I do have a topic suggestion I'd like to offer. I would love to hear a discussion on acquiring and utilizing coaching services. Including thoughts about:
Choosing a coach,
Skype vs. In Person,
How many hours should one spend with a coach,
What to expect from coaching sessions,
Coaching vs. Self study, such as books and videos,
Pricing,
Success stories and disappointments
At what point should one start considering getting a coach.
Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    Excellent suggestion, and one that I'll put on the todo list =)

Thanks!
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • DouglasDouglas Red Chipper Posts: 2
    Could you do a podcast on button straddling? Also I play in Florida and the poker rooms offer many opportunities to win high hands. Last year I won $3,750 in high hands. The problem is getting people to fold there low suited connectors. They call raises with 45s, thinking they will flop a str8 flush, but they end up taking the pot down because they flop 2 pair and it is most difficult to put them on a range of hands.

For example the flop comes 10 4 5 rainbow. I have A 10 suited I got top pair top kicker, but who puts people that call a raise on having 45suited?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    Douglas wrote: »
    Could you do a podcast on button straddling? Also I play in Florida and the poker rooms offer many opportunities to win high hands. Last year I won $3,750 in high hands. The problem is getting people to fold there low suited connectors. They call raises with 45s, thinking they will flop a str8 flush, but they end up taking the pot down because they flop 2 pair and it is most difficult to put them on a range of hands.

For example the flop comes 10 4 5 rainbow. I have A 10 suited I got top pair top kicker, but who puts people that call a raise on having 45suited?

1. Probably not enough material to do a full podcast episode on it, but I cover straddles here: http://redchippoker.com/should-i-straddle-in-poker/

2. You should typically assume players call preflop raises with SCs. That's a pretty default thing for players to call with - even in rooms that don't have high hand promos.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file