Video Discussion: When the Pre-flop Raiser Checks

Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
edited December 2015 in PRO Products
This thread is to discuss the content of James Sweeney's When the pre-flop raiser checks video.

http://redchippoker.com/pro-video-sweeney021/
Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
Author Poker Plays You Can Use
Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks

Comments

• FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    The Big Picture- 70% theorem
    Is this (over)simplified as players bet 70% of the time, check 30%, but most checks are exploitably a weak range? What's a good resource for the 70% theorem

The :Th:9h hand:
    I do like the caution against better players. Flop misses our range as well, which an adept player could exploit. I think you did a great job explaining that more recreational players aren't looking at ranges as much as they are looking at 'He could have XX".

Side note: having a thread linked to a video and a video linked back to a thread, awesome. Love it!
  • Eon137Eon137 Red Chipper Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    I was assuming that the 70% theorem referred to the frequency / portion of range that players should be continuing with their hand. Ed Miller's "Poker's 1%" addresses this extensively.

James, if this refers to something else, please let us know. Great video, BTW.
  • Steve007Steve007 Red Chipper Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't this thread be in the pro video discussions forum?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Steve007 wrote: »
    Shouldn't this thread be in the pro video discussions forum?

Is now =)
    Eon137 wrote: »
    I was assuming that the 70% theorem referred to the frequency / portion of range that players should be continuing with their hand. Ed Miller's "Poker's 1%" addresses this extensively.

James, if this refers to something else, please let us know. Great video, BTW.

That's correct. Whenever I say something about a 70% model it refers to Miller's Poker's 1%
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file