Hand reading LIVE - TAG's video

dutch81dutch81 Red Chipper Posts: 212
edited December 2015 in PRO Products
Just saw the video and that's some good stuff. I hope in the future you can use some of the more advanced features in Flopzilla that you haven't mentioned before in depth spread about between different player types so you don't spend too big of a percentage discussing Flopzilla instead of the process itself. I think if you could spread out the advanced features and discuss them briefly with one or two examples in each player type video, that would be optimal for both you as the creator and for us, the viewers.

As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't just apply to live as the process can be used online as well. With a bigger sample you get from online, I actually think this would be more beneficial for the online player since we have bigger samples accumulated in a way shorter time.

I'd like to see a station player type next and maybe agro fish afterwards. I really learned a lot about which questions to ask yourself at certain points in the hand and found that to be fascinating. Hearing your thought process word for word lets me know which questions I hadn't even asked myself in any point during a hand.

As usual, great job Split... looking forward to the next player type you decide to use in the next video. I'd like to see you cover all the player types TBH. Thanks again!

Comments

• stranstran Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    my personal "sample size" for $1/$2 live is very limited so please excuse a question that the answer is obvious.

Do the tight passive regulars routinely float the float with pocket pairs 22-77 ?

i understand a true tag floating with "a little something" if his intent is to steal later in the hand or get to showdown with a pair if Villain winds up with a busted draw.

would only nits not float because they are generally playing a fit or fold style on the flop ?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    dutch81 wrote:
    Just saw the video and that's some good stuff. I hope in the future you can use some of the more advanced features in Flopzilla that you haven't mentioned before in depth spread about between different player types so you don't spend too big of a percentage discussing Flopzilla instead of the process itself. I think if you could spread out the advanced features and discuss them briefly with one or two examples in each player type video, that would be optimal for both you as the creator and for us, the viewers.

As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't just apply to live as the process can be used online as well. With a bigger sample you get from online, I actually think this would be more beneficial for the online player since we have bigger samples accumulated in a way shorter time.

I'd like to see a station player type next and maybe agro fish afterwards. I really learned a lot about which questions to ask yourself at certain points in the hand and found that to be fascinating. Hearing your thought process word for word lets me know which questions I hadn't even asked myself in any point during a hand.

As usual, great job Split... looking forward to the next player type you decide to use in the next video. I'd like to see you cover all the player types TBH. Thanks again!

Thanks Dutch!

And you are 100% correct, the process works for both live and online play...online players just get the added luxury of larger sample sizes and precise stats. I'm currently creating a very large product that covers hand reading in a ton of depth...so if you have any specific questions just let me know =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
    stran wrote:
    my personal "sample size" for $1/$2 live is very limited so please excuse a question that the answer is obvious.

Do the tight passive regulars routinely float the float with pocket pairs 22-77 ?

i understand a true tag floating with "a little something" if his intent is to steal later in the hand or get to showdown with a pair if Villain winds up with a busted draw.

would only nits not float because they are generally playing a fit or fold style on the flop ?

Great question stran. I assume the average person floats 2nd pair or better (so they may not float 33 on Q94, but I assume they will float 66 on 942). Since TAGs don't have a huge Callvs2bet range preflop as-is...they have to continue with something and pocket pairs that look OK tend to fit the bill =)
  • dutch81dutch81 Red Chipper Posts: 212
    SplitSuit wrote:
    dutch81 wrote:

Thanks Dutch!

And you are 100% correct, the process works for both live and online play...online players just get the added luxury of larger sample sizes and precise stats. I'm currently creating a very large product that covers hand reading in a ton of depth...so if you have any specific questions just let me know =)

Can't wait! :As:Ah
  • kg_bettorkg_bettor Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Just finished watching the video and I liked it a lot. I need to work on hand reading and assigning ranges, so I found it very helpful. Thanks SplitSuit!
  • Jason LawrenceJason Lawrence Red Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I really liked the video. I would like to see you take on more LAG type players.

Also, as a concept, I'd like to see you focus in-depth on narrowing opponents' ranges as bets get called/raised on each street - and then how we should narrow ranges if we think our opponent is playing more balanced, versus depolarized.
    kg_bettor wrote: »
    Just finished watching the video and I liked it a lot. I need to work on hand reading and assigning ranges, so I found it very helpful. Thanks SplitSuit!

You're very welcome!
    I really liked the video. I would like to see you take on more LAG type players.

Also, as a concept, I'd like to see you focus in-depth on narrowing opponents' ranges as bets get called/raised on each street - and then how we should narrow ranges if we think our opponent is playing more balanced, versus depolarized.

Thanks Jason! I'm going to be doing a LOT of that in my upcoming product. Should be out in January =)
  • dirty moosedirty moose Red Chipper Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    I'm currently creating a very large product that covers hand reading in a ton of depth...so if you have any specific questions just let me know =)

When do we get this gold mine?!?!
    I'm currently creating a very large product that covers hand reading in a ton of depth...so if you have any specific questions just let me know =)

Jan is the goal. I'm about 1/2 way done with production and have a large chunk of the rest of the series already prepped and ready to get recorded/edited.
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭

Gold mine is correct. I was lucky enough to get a quick look at some of this material. I am still in awe as to the scope and quality of the series. You guys are going to be blown away by what James has created. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the information. IT IS AWESOME!!!
  • dutch81dutch81 Red Chipper Posts: 212
    Oh yeah, can't wait!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file