87s backdoor flush draw

StefanStefan Red Chipper Posts: 34
Can also be played backdoor flush draw, or must make an adjustment betting?
boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/16955340_0D6E80E358

I do not know how to high stakes, but here everyone looks at the cards and result-oriented thinking

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    What do you think would happen if you raised the flop?

If you just call the flop, what do you think happens if you raise the turn?
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • StefanStefan Red Chipper Posts: 34
    If I raise on the flop probably hit set 66.99, AJ for top top two pairs if there is a raise on the turn or overpair.

22 +, A2s +, K2s +, Q4s +, J8s +, T8s +, A2o +, K4o +, Q9o +, JTo
    Stefan wrote: »
    If I raise on the flop probably hit set 66.99, AJ for top top two pairs if there is a raise on the turn

22 +, A2s +, K2s +, Q4s +, J8s +, T8s +, A2o +, K4o +, Q9o +, JTo

• JfdiwinsJfdiwins Red Chipper Posts: 52
    Hi Stefan,
    when the villain donk bets the flop in the small blind this can either be very strong hands (rarely but players do donk out with sets) or very weak hands such as top pair or even a weaker pair or draw depending on the player.

I tend to consider their bet size - half pot size or less tends to indicate weakness.
    I raise all weak donk bets of half pot size or less with any 2 cards as a bluff and get folds the majority of the time or re-evaluate if I am called. On this board the villain would have to worry about you having an over-pair, two pairs or a set if you raise the flop bet as well as drawing hands to consider.

New players to poker who are unsure of what action to take tend to default donk bet a lot so I would keep this in mind. What if anything do you know about the villain? If the villain is very loose and is calling a lot then I would add weight to the donk bet being weak. Regular players exploit this by donking with stronger hands such as overpairs or sets.

Consider why is the villain donk betting and what the villain is likely to call down with.
    What do you know about the villain?

As played I would definitely be raising the turn as you have both the flush draw and straight draw combination for lots of equity. The villain may put you on a set or strong made hand and will be in a tough place with a lot of river cards which would complete draws.
    Thank you was very helpful to look at this hand, I HC river bet when you have such a hand and make opnenta donk bet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file