2-5 NLH hand question

magicpigmagicpig Red Chipper Posts: 97 ✭✭
2/5 eff 500 stacks. I open AQo UTG 20, three calls.

Flop $80 A47hh, I bet 50, only UTG + 1 calls (tourist/businessman like, been tight).

Turn $180 in the pot.

What should I do and why?

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    It's interesting because it's a still a discussion even if you don't know your suits or the turn card or the villain positions. Cbetting four way is pretty optimistic poker, but if I had gone down this route for some reason, most turns get a second barrel, but the 3 or 8 of hearts are going to be pretty hard to continue into as too much of your advantage evaporates.
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    As persuadeo alluded to, details of caller postitions and suits of your cards are vital to your decisions to 1.cbet or check raise 2. Bet sizing.
  • magicpigmagicpig Red Chipper Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    The turn card was an off suit King. Sorry about that.
  • mdw72mdw72 Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
    I agree with Persueadeo c-betting into 4 other players is a bit optimistic even with TP second kicker. As stated above more information would help greatly. That said with the info you have provided and with the low SPR its going to be difficult not to get the money in after the off suit King fell on the turn. Shove and pray it holds.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    @mdw72, well, it's three opponents, so four total is what I meant, so it's closer, perhaps, but i agree with you on the turn: that is a great card to continue on once we go down this path. It takes away some of the AK he might have flatted and we still have a great hand and draws to charge.

We don't know where the villains are. If they are all in position, I'd rather x/r, but if two of them are in the blinds, I suppose we have to bet.
  • Player 1Player 1 Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I put him on a flop calling range of
    sets 77,44
    2 pr A7,A4 and possibly 74
    All Ax up to AJ
    and All heart connectors 65-QJ
    Heart gappers 86+
    He has a worse TP over 60% of the time none of which improve on the turn You are getting raised or called by better only about a quarter of the time so I think a bet is in order, also most of the weird fudge factor hands he could possibly float with like JJ are in your favor AK is the only unexpected hand that is ahead of you that I can see. The other reason you would want to bet is so you have the initiate on the river if a Heart comes if V1 bets into you it is unlikely he is bluffing since almost all his non flush hands are pairs so it makes
    him play the guessing game not you. As far as sizing is concerned I would bet 120-130 and fold in the absence of a strong read.
  • bonezybonezy Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    magicpig wrote: »
    2/5 eff 500 stacks. I open AQo UTG 20, three calls.

Flop $80 A47hh, I bet 50, only UTG + 1 calls (tourist/businessman like, been tight).

Turn $180 in the pot.

What should I do and why?

Suits and turn card would be nice lol. But Ill try my best. Im going to be bet folding this turn card most of the time. I think I would bet something like 85. I want to value target his range here. I think there is still alot of value to be had and also depending if I have the Ah or the Ah is on the board then im almost always going to fold to a raise because that takes out some combos for him to be semi bluffing with. If the Ah isnt in my hand or on the board and he raises, I might just get it in there. But in general im bet folding for value most of the time.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with checking and keeping the pot smaller without committing. Also, if he has something like a weak suited ace, the line then looks more like you took a stab at it but after all don't really care for the ace. If the turn goes check/check, you can easily get in a value bet that will get called on the river, whereas you fold some hands on the turn that would have called a river bet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file