Not getting enough streets of value.

Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 454 ✭✭
I find I don't get as many calls as I would like. I'm usually around 19/11 and winning when this happens. I am also playing from position. Usually always pre flop aggressor. Opinions on my bet sizing.

.50/1.

Hero :Ks:Kd
Flop :Qh:9d:7c
Pot 6.50 HU
I would bet 3.25 Folds

Hero :As:Jc
Flop :Jd:Td:2h
Pot 9.50 3Way
I would bet 5. Folds

Hero :Qd:Td
Flop :Jd:9c:2d
Pot 6.50 HU
I would bet 3.25 Folds

Comments

• JfdiwinsJfdiwins Red Chipper Posts: 52
    Hi,
    If this is a short term thing then don't worry about it. Half pot bet sizing isn't scaring anyone away. I tend to bet nearer 70% at 20 nl as a default and get plenty of calls. If you are playing from position and the villains are competent they won't want to call out of position on wet boards without a strong hand.

You can consider your image, are you seen as a nit or only betting with strong hands?

If villains are always folding to your bets over a longer period then increase your bluff rate to take advantage of them.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you pay off players raising ten percent of hands and betting into those boards?
  • Riverboat BillRiverboat Bill Red Chipper Posts: 454 ✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Do you pay off players raising ten percent of hands and betting into those boards?
    Why no. LOL!!

• FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Well done. Drop the mic, next thread
    Just started thread to see if there was a different approach I should take to get action. Sometimes I raise 2.2BB, same response.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,793 -
    Sometimes they just need to have a hand.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    Just started thread to see if there was a different approach I should take to get action. Sometimes I raise 2.2BB, same response.

I think it's a small sample size, but to what @persuadeo was bringing up is with the snug TAG range, there isn't going to be too many people who are going to look you up light. I don't think it has to do with your sizing, as much as a tight image and villains missing the flop. Even with your tight image, I'm guessing they are at least calling one street with top pair, or maybe even 2nd pair by a more speculative villain.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    At the end of the day, if they aren't calling, its time to flip the script and start winning more non-showdown pots. I mean if they only are continuing when they have a hand then.... *Inserts stage lights here ->* Chances are they are probably folding more than 50%.. & last i check if i normally bet 3/4 pot and get more than 43% Folds, i can actually bet ANY TWO profitably
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
    I bet junk and missed flops. I do it more any time I am running good or getting no calls. I will raise with 56ss, then continue almost any flop under those conditions. I don't over do it because after a couple of take downs they will play back.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Its good not to over do it, but if they still feel like folding alot is profitable, well... Gradually consider bumping up your frequencies, either they 1. Play back more, which gives your value hand more value or 2. You completely exploit their habits with them not adjusting.

Do note, i have no idea how often your villain folds and weather do i know your frequencies, but its one thing i do know... If executed correctly with the right frequencies, there is alot more value to be gained than you give your hand credit for and alot more spots to force your villains to make those folding mistakes. Like i said earlier though, Gradually consider it.. Your approach to not over do it is definitely the right approach, just don't let "not overdoing it" turn into "not willing to improve it"
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file